Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shula Bowl XVI Attendance

What’s everyone’s guess?

Announced and butts in seats

Announced 20,500
Butts 17,000
kitties 300 maybe

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'll agree aside from FIU, they will be hard pressed to get 300…

Their fans KNOW they are going to take a beating! 

:Laughing:
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

What’s everyone’s guess?

Announced and butts in seats

Announced 20,500
Butts 17,000
kitties 300 maybe

Posted On: Nov 16th 2017, 9:36 PM #373413

Back to the top

I'm sure this is available somewhere, but how many times have we even announced more than 20k?  I am hopeful these numbers/guesses are close - the team deserves 20k+ to come see them win the East rather than only having the "buzz" and big crowd that first week being strictly about the Lane-effect.  I am going to be overly-optimistic and the guys get rewarded for the season-to-date with big fan interest:

Announced - 23000
Butts - 19000
FIU - 1000

Win 10+ games and I hope most of next year's home games look something like these numbers we are now guessing.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I'm sure this is available somewhere, but how many times have we even announced more than 20k?  I am hopeful these numbers/guesses are close - the team deserves 20k+ to come see them win the East rather than only having the "buzz" and big crowd that first week being strictly about the Lane-effect.  I am going to be overly-optimistic and the guys get rewarded for the season-to-date with big fan interest:

Announced - 23000
Butts - 19000
FIU - 1000

Win 10+ games and I hope most of next year's home games look something like these numbers we are now guessing.

Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 2:16 AM #373420

Oh, you must be new to South Florida.
Back to the top

I am - and have posted in several other places how I am having to adjust to the crowds.  I have been to high school and FCS games in NC and SC that "feel like" bigger crowds than some of the games I see around Florida (especially when you talk about "butts in seats").

But when you have a buzz about a game, crazy things can happen (see the Navy game).  Why can't this game and/or hosting the CUSA title game approach that?  Maybe not get there, but get over 20k if we normally announce around 15k. 
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I am - and have posted in several other places how I am having to adjust to the crowds.  I have been to high school and FCS games in NC and SC that "feel like" bigger crowds than some of the games I see around Florida (especially when you talk about "butts in seats").

But when you have a buzz about a game, crazy things can happen (see the Navy game).  Why can't this game and/or hosting the CUSA title game approach that?  Maybe not get there, but get over 20k if we normally announce around 15k. 
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 9:04 AM #373423

When I spoke to the ticket office the other day to get extra tickets, they told me they were expecting between 20 and 25k. My entire section (114) was sold out, and they said there have been a LOT of calls for tickets over the last couple of days.

FWIW
Back to the top

David Slavic said

owlsdad said

When I spoke to the ticket office the other day to get extra tickets, they told me they were expecting between 20 and 25k. My entire section (114) was sold out, and they said there have been a LOT of calls for tickets over the last couple of days.

FWIW

Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 9:17 AM #373425

Ticket people lie.  Not just at FAU but everywhere.  If they make you think tickets are running out you will buy earlier instead of later.  I hope they aren't lying this week, but I will believe it when I will see.  I do like that this game is schedule this week and that FIU decides to play us the same next year instead of early like they seem to want to do.  I hate when this game is the first conference game.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

owlsdad said

FWIW
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 9:17 AM #373425

I have heard ridiculous numbers from the ticket office for other games that never materialized but I am trying to be optimistic for this game.  Perfect weather, beat down on the kitties, division championship, undefeated in conference, Kiffin, craft beer C'mon Man!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Yeah I never fully trust ticket offices lol. But I do think there's a lot more interest in this game than others. Two of my coworkers are bringing their whole families, one of them for the first time, the other comes to a game or two every year. Plus another friend of mine got tickets for himself and his wife. So this is 8 more people than I usually have, plus my family of 5 (and my wife hardly ever wants to go to a game, but she wants to this year because the program is winning). So that's a total of 13, which is the biggest group I've been with.
Back to the top
Control functions: