Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sitting at 2-3, now for the rest of the way...

All the games are winnable. But I agree that a win against anyone would feel like an upset after watching yesterday’s game. 
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

All the games are winnable. But I agree that a win against anyone would feel like an upset after watching yesterday’s game. 
Posted On: Oct 21st 2018, 4:52 PM #382319

Yeah, at this point, scratch and claw for 3 more wins. I don't consider any of these games "gimmes" now though, not even Charlotte or WKU at home, although we should still win. Will not lie, I am concerned with the short turnaround on Friday against a solid LTU squad looking for payback. This team is down and it's up to the staff to figure things out quickly.
Back to the top

We are TD dogs vs FIU and UNT at a minimum.  These teams are better coached than us right now.  They are also extremely hungry to beat us.  Not a good combo with where our team is.

I’d say we are a field goal dog Friday night at home.

Charlotte and WKU…flip a coin.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

A VERY GOOD ARTICLE ABOUT NEW QB'S HAVING SUCCESS!

College football: How the game has changed at QB

Especially interesting are the comments on Terry Wilson at Kentucky. Only 13 of 14 in passing "efficency" but his RUNNING ABILITY HAS TAKEN THE PRESSURE OFF OF BENNY SNELL THIER STAR RB!

SEVEN (7) games now of not knowing what we are getting from the O or the QB, when is enough? And at MINIMUM - why no changes or different looks or special "packages" during the games????

If the other 3 POWER 5 transfer QB's are THIS FAR BEHIND Robison at this point OMG!

Back to the top

What irritates me about Weis Jr. Is that he supposedly has a photographic memory, and I thought he could just watch our plays last year and copy Briles. That hasn't happened for whatever reason. I still contend that there's subpar play on the Oline and am hoping that next year we'll be fine. What's our starters going to look like? I know 3 are gone. Guys like Weber, Tuihalamaka, Thomas, Biancardi, and Bennett, will hopefully be upgrades next year for the guys that are struggling now, 
Back to the top

Hate to say it but we need a new coach.
Back to the top

Rick said

Hate to say it but we need a new coach.
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2018, 12:54 PM #382367

If you mean a new OC I’m with you or just have Lane take control of the offense but it’s way too early to jump off the Lane Train especially after what we did last year. I am concerned about the o-line this year and next year. Don’t know how sustainable the Grad Transfer route is
Back to the top

OC only…Kiffin can't run all the positions himself…And he now realizes what he lost in Justice.

What that guy did with what he had to work with would rival McGyver's making a nuclear bomb out of a gum wrapper.
Back to the top

Rick said

OC only…Kiffin can't run all the positions himself…And he now realizes what he lost in Justice.

What that guy did with what he had to work with would rival McGyver's making a nuclear bomb out of a gum wrapper.
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2018, 1:23 PM #382373

Yeah I think that is the biggest difference from last year to this year. We had a power 5 type staff last year, and the experience of this coaching staff has shown for the results on the field especially on offense. Because in conference usa play I think the defense has played pretty solid.

I would love to know why we choose Garrison instead of bringing back Justice. I would have to think some changes will be made on this coaching staff after this year. Maybe consider bringing in a Co-OC who has worked with the Briles offense.
Back to the top

A new coach in addition to weis would be interesting; I never considered that possibility. I know that a lot of the big money schools have a stable of coaches in “analyst” positions but idk how much money FAU has left in the assistant coaching pool. 
Seeing as how Weis is the OC and QB coach and those are the areas we are seeing the most regression maybe something could happen. 
Back to the top
Control functions: