Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So after two weeks.. where do you see us finishing?

owlcountry40 said

grayowl said

One game at a time. The Owls have the talent, size, strength, motivation and coaching to win next Saturday. Get a good game plan and good execution, and let's see what happens.
Posted On: Sep 7th 2014, 10:45 PM #334345
Hahahahahah size and strength? We are giving up 702 yards a game and been in the red zone twice. This team is awful maybe 20 D-1 players on it.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2014, 12:13 PM #334370
Uh oh…we are back to this again?!?

RELAX.  You can't possibly come to any sort of conclusions about this team going off of 2 games against Nebraska and Alabama…mostly without our starting QB and best DB.  Things will start to look a lot better starting Saturday…I promise.  Settle down.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

This team is awful maybe 20 D-1 players on it.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2014, 12:13 PM #334370

Why don't you post this to your twitter account?
Back to the top

I will give y'all my answer to this question after this game vs. Tulsa.

But we had better start playing A LOT more man press coverage (our strength Coach B!) or those WR screens will kill us. EVERYONE on our schedule has seen how BADLY we play those so far. STOP playing 8-10 yards OFF the receivers! When they do throw it, the lead defenders had better start to take out the blockers and stop "dncing" with them while they use both you and the blocker as screens from the other defenders. AND TURN EM IN! Overall the db's need to get back to (or rather, be allowed to) disrupt routes and take away the quick WR screens and help the D line have a chance to get to the qb!

Hope we are just showing generic vanilla on both sides of the ball so far guys, like last year.
Back to the top

OwlfaninSC said

I know it was against Nebraska and Bama.. but, think we can get to 7 wins this year? 
Posted On: Sep 7th 2014, 1:41 PM #334317

The problem of where we are as a Football team is the stage where you need to throw yourself on the alter to be slauthered by the big boys in order to make the $$$ to grow / run the program.  While the $$$ is nice, playing every year with an automatic (or 99% automatic) 2 losses is tough, basically you have to go 6-4 for the rest of the year to qual for a bowl…
Back to the top

We are going to win the East.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

We are going to win the East.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2014, 8:04 PM #334399

I think we have a decent chance.  Remember Auburn slaughtered us and then we rattled off 4 straight last year.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

We beat Pick Montana, and then the three worst teams in FBS (SMiss, NMSU, FIU).

This time around we have a tougher bite to swallow…

The bread is soft (Tulsa, FIU) but the meat will be tough (Wyoming, UTSA).

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I will give y'all my answer to this question after this game vs. Tulsa.

But we had better start playing A LOT more man press coverage (our strength Coach B!) or those WR screens will kill us. EVERYONE on our schedule has seen how BADLY we play those so far. STOP playing 8-10 yards OFF the receivers! When they do throw it, the lead defenders had better start to take out the blockers and stop "dncing" with them while they use both you and the blocker as screens from the other defenders. AND TURN EM IN! Overall the db's need to get back to (or rather, be allowed to) disrupt routes and take away the quick WR screens and help the D line have a chance to get to the qb!

Hope we are just showing generic vanilla on both sides of the ball so far guys, like last year.

Posted On: Sep 8th 2014, 3:25 PM #334382

That's what we SHOULD be playing. I think this defensive staff hates playing press man for whatever reason. Maybe that's not Roc's style but I felt like our defense looked damn good last year in that scheme. DJ Smith thrives in that type of defense
Back to the top

Looking forward to seeing how we perform on Saturday. Like most people, I have some serious reservations about our defense and Greg Hankerson.

I don't have time to research it now but it would be interesting to look at how many yards we surrendered in our body bag games over the last five years with the final win-loss totals for those seasons. Since those games tend to be early on, it follows that the more yardage we gave up initially, the more work the defense had to do to correct those mistakes over subsequent games and thus the final win-loss totals could be lower. If that's the case, giving up nearly 800 yards to Nebraska bodes very poorly for our season.

I feel like we usually give up 500-600 yards to these guys, so nearly 800 is alarming. The coaches and some of the players are green so there's still time to make it up, it's true, and that clock begins Saturday.
Back to the top

Okay, I have this.
0-2 (0-0)heading into this weekend…
9/13 vs Tulsa- L
9/20 @Wyoming W
9/27 vs UTSA W
10/2 @FIU W
10/18 vs WKU L
10/25 @ Marshall L
11/1 vs UAB W
11/8 @NT L
11/22 @MTSU L