Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So do we root for Troy?

Re: So do we root for Troy?

Navarre said

What we are questioning is "why" La-La and stAte didn't get a bid.

That'$ ea$y.  A$ I've $aid in other thread$, we have about 10 time$ the TV market of either ULL or ASU.  They can't bring the viewers, so unless they win the Belt outright, this might be the way it is, unfortunately.  You guys should know that from last year.

Come on, come on, love me for the money
Come on, come on, listen to the moneytalk
Back to the top

pull for them…..ill watch the game for sure…..i want the belt to go 100% with wins this bowl season
Back to the top

The said

Navarre said

That'$ ea$y.  A$ I've $aid in other thread$, we have about 10 time$ the TV market of either ULL or ASU.

And a much better story the next day; after we win?
Back to the top

The said

Navarre said

That'$ ea$y.  A$ I've $aid in other thread$, we have about 10 time$ the TV market of either ULL or ASU.  They can't bring the viewers, so unless they win the Belt outright, this might be the way it is, unfortunately.  You guys should know that from last year.

How many tickets will you sell for the game?  Do you think you will have more participation this year than last in New Orleans?  I hope you bring a crowd.
Back to the top

We will buy $40k in tickets  ;D

I think 1000 people might go…maybe.  The rest of the tickets will be donated to Boys and Girls clubs in Detroit.  I just hope FAU can find a way to clothe all those little kids with blue shirts at the very least.

That is our gift to the City of Detroit…Blue shirts and Tickets to the motor city bowl.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Navarre said

OF course you pull for Troy.

No one on gotroytrojans.com are "mad" because FAU is going to a bowl game.  There is no "arrogance" against FAU.  I started that thread because you guys were the first Belt team I saw with an invite.  What we are questioning is "why" La-La and stAte didn't get a bid.

We are wondering the same thing, but not really complaining.  ;D

That the "plan" layed out by Wright Waters was "smoke and mirrors" and just wasn't true (at least in the way it was presented to the press, fans, athletes, schools, etc).

Let's not get started on Waters. What happened to having 3 tie-ins? I know that ULL is annoyed that NIU was picked to go to a bowl in LA. over them and I don't blame them. Obviously Ark, State is very angry we got in to the MC Bowl over them too.

I love a good rivalry, but I don't think anyone on the Troy Board is disrespecting FAU, just curious as to how you got a bid and others did not.  I don't think you are any more deserving to go than La-La or stAte and vice versa.  All three (well 4 if you include MTSU) were eligible and how in the world did FAU get a bid to Motor City and the others left out? This is a bowl that WASN'T EVEN considered by the Sun Belt and W Waters, yet showed up today.

Well the MUTS only had 5 wins and thus they weren't bowl eligible but as far as a rivalry goes I hope this adds fuel to the fire. FAU-Troy can be a great rivalry in the years to come. We aren't anymore deserving then any other 6-6 team but the bowls have their reasons as to why they chose FAU over Ark. State or ULL. Maybe Howard campaigned more or he has close ties. it could be any number of reasons why they chose us over another 6-6 school, who knows?

Good for you all, for FAU, I hope you represent yourselves in Detriot and bring a boat load of fans, although I don't see it happening.  The die hards will go, but to leave S. Florida and go to Detriot in late Dec?  Probably isn't going to happen.  Now, send you folks to Birmingham or St. Pete, which makes much more sense, then I think you would represent well.

I don't foresee us bringing a lot of fans to Detroit, I think its one thing to go to New Orleans in December and another to go to Detroit. Being from up north originally the cold weather doesn't bother me but it's been cool here the past month or so and people have been bundled up like it was 20 degrees outside

DMarkey, I know your family ties to Troy, know him really well.  In fact have helped him out SEVERAL times with rooms, tickets, etc., and I think his passion is mistaken on the Troy board at times, but that same passion is what others (not me) mistaken as an allegence to FAU over Troy and that simply is not true, unfortunately others don't see it that way.

I will be pulling for FAU and hoping you bring home victory and hopefully some respect by the pontificators to the Sun Belt and it's football programs.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I could care less if Troy wins or not.  Honestly, they expect us to bring a ton of fans to Detroit in only our 8th football season!  We are still struggling with the commuter school image and even though it was my first semester at FAU i could tell there was a new level of school spirit. From the "go owl's" banners lining the street lights to the bookstore selling out of popular FAU swag.  What will cement this program with a big following is exposure on ESPN, continuing to have .500 and winning seasons with bowl bids, and of course an ON CAMPUS STADIUM!!!!!  So let the Troy and MTSU fans keep on hating or being "confused" as they put it, I read the Ark St. forum and most of them agreed that our bid was good for the Belt.  There's only one team i care about winning this entire bowl season and that's F A F@%*ing U!!!!

Let's Go OWLS!
Back to the top

Yeah, I say route for Troy. They where the clear conference champion and they are representing the belt, so it looks good for the belt if they win.

Now ULL and ASU are spitting angry…. oh well

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I say root for any team from our conference "representing" our conference. The more our teams win, the more attention we get, and hopefully that will translate into stronger recruiting.  ;)

"Beware The Talons... "
Back to the top

We should root for Troy even though they are pissed that we are playing in a Bowl with a HIGHER PAYOUT amount LMAO… perhaps we will actually make money from this Bowl game????
Back to the top
Control functions: