Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Spring 2007 Prospectus

Spring 2007 Prospectus

Spring 2007 Prospectus

Do the weights seem on the low side to anyone else. For example: Paris is listed at 290. Last year's roster he was listed at 329. The linemen especially seem low.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

Here are the OL that should be returning. It seems some are missing.

74 Ippolito, Michael RS FR 225 OL Boca Raton, FL (Olympic Heights HS)
62 Pantelakos, Peter RS JR 247 OL Miami, FL (Miami Sunset)
70 Williams, Lavoris FR 250 OL Fort Lauderdale, FL (Dillard)
58 Valero, Raul RS FR 253 Ol Miami Springs, FL (Miami Springs)
60 Irwin, Devon FR 255 OL Sarasota, FL (Booker)
78 Smith, Jarrid RS JR 280 OL Okeechobee, FL (Okeechobee)
71 Rizzo, John SO 280 OL Parkland, FL (Marjory Stoneman Douglas)
63 Perkins, Antes SR 285 OL Miramar, FL (Stranahan)
79 McDonald, Jarrett RS SO 290 OL Orlando, FL (Flanagan)
69 Bolton, Broderick RS SO 292 OL Merritt Island, FL (Holy Trinity)
76 Wischnefski, Ryan FR 300 OL Palm Bay, FL (Melbourne)
55 Kendrick, Preston RS SO 310 OL Jacksonville, FL (Eastside)
73 Bowling, Dennis FR 313 OL Orlando, FL (Boone)
73 Barry, Jr, Lance FR 325 OL Vero Beach, FL (Vero Beach)
68 Paris, Nick JR 329 OL Palm Bay, FL (Palm Bay)
67 Wichner, Zachary RS SO 280 OT Davie, FL (South Plantation)
64 Miller, Kevin FR 304 OT Oakland Park, FL (Northeast)

Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

speaking of, anyone hitting any of these practices to get an inside scoop on how the guys look?
Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

just to let you know:
Ippolito, Michael - left to fsu thinking he could play for them at left tackle. did he know he only ways 230lbs!!!!!
Pantelakos, Peter - finally left, he said he was done with football, but i think it was because he would have been the only red-shirt senior on the scout team
Perkins, Antes - he graduates this spring and used up his eligibility, he will be missed though thats for sure
Bolton, Broderick - left to somewhere, who knows. he was only on the team because his dad played for shnelly like 20 years ago. this kid was morbidly obease and had the same attitude as the kicker that left, he came to practice when he felt he wanted to. im surpirised he wasnt kciked off earlier
Kendrick, Preston - dont know why but he is going to transfer to texas southern i think. didnt really say why, i dont know if he gonna play up there but he will be missed too
Barry, Jr, Lance - quit last spring because he played about 10 snaps all spring. he was a very big, not fat, jsut really big and strong, but he always stood up and thats why he didnt play as much. he was a good guy
Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

I didn't notice Perkins on there when I copy and pasted the list. I thought I removed all the seniors.

Its not good that we lost some good BIG linemen. Big linemen are a rare and valuable commodity at FAU. It seems again like we have a small line except for a few big guys. That translates to lack of depth. If one of the 300 pounders gets injured, he will most likely get replaced with someone much smaller. The prospectus is showing lower weights than the roster currently is.

Bolton: From what I have heard about Schnelly, I'm surprised he would allow someone to miss practice. I had always heard that he was strict.

Pantelakos: Tell him to watch the movie "Rudy" some time.

Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

The height and weights, at least the ones I know, have not been updated since last year - probably the same as last spring's prospectus.
Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

yea, they haven't updated the roster in a long time. last i looked matlock was still at 236 but is now 265 and one probably the strongest kid on the team, wichner was listed at 260 but is pushing 300 now, a lot more weights are wrong you have to see the kids in person or talk to the coaches and trainers. we really arent that small anymore. even teh smaller kids recruited last year have gained a lot of weight and strength. for example devon irwin was 250 when he came in and now is jsut over 280. they are doing a good job at getting descent sized lineman because they are only going to get bigger as their careers go on.
Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

They have kids benching a lot more than a couple of years ago and where you would have one or two pushing respectable pounds you have a large group doing it and the more even across the board. The Squats, leg press, cleans have all vastly improved. big difference from just a year ago. doctorowl is correct the roster is not even close.
Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

for the record, this is very true...i was shocked, well not shocked, but very surprised yesterday at the appearant growth on alot of guys...we have gotten bigger in the off season - no doubt...
Back to the top

Spring 2007 Prospectus

illinoisowl said

Here are the OL that should be returning. It seems some are missing.

74 Ippolito, Michael RS FR 225 OL Boca Raton, FL (Olympic Heights HS)
62 Pantelakos, Peter RS JR 247 OL Miami, FL (Miami Sunset)
70 Williams, Lavoris FR 250 OL Fort Lauderdale, FL (Dillard)
58 Valero, Raul RS FR 253 Ol Miami Springs, FL (Miami Springs)
60 Irwin, Devon FR 255 OL Sarasota, FL (Booker)
78 Smith, Jarrid RS JR 280 OL Okeechobee, FL (Okeechobee)
71 Rizzo, John SO 280 OL Parkland, FL (Marjory Stoneman Douglas)
63 Perkins, Antes SR 285 OL Miramar, FL (Stranahan)
79 McDonald, Jarrett RS SO 290 OL Orlando, FL (Flanagan)
69 Bolton, Broderick RS SO 292 OL Merritt Island, FL (Holy Trinity)
76 Wischnefski, Ryan FR 300 OL Palm Bay, FL (Melbourne)
55 Kendrick, Preston RS SO 310 OL Jacksonville, FL (Eastside)
73 Bowling, Dennis FR 313 OL Orlando, FL (Boone)
73 Barry, Jr, Lance FR 325 OL Vero Beach, FL (Vero Beach)
68 Paris, Nick JR 329 OL Palm Bay, FL (Palm Bay)
67 Wichner, Zachary RS SO 280 OT Davie, FL (South Plantation)
64 Miller, Kevin FR 304 OT Oakland Park, FL (Northeast)

Looks like we have some pretty good size even with a lot of the guys leaving the team. We still have 5 or 6 guys that are 300 plus pounds.

The way we have to look at it is that if guys left, they weren't committed to the program and they were probably brining everyone else down anyway. The guys that want to play FAU football are still on the team and they will make a big impact.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: