Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

state of the program

I've been keeping my mouth shut since the rant on went on after the Michigan State game.

The fact is this team is hands down the worst program in the country. Its  a f'ing pathetic embarrassment to students and alumni. Howard is ruining every he built every time he's on the sideline for a game.

Go out and hire  a coach now.

Angelos, it took you over a decade to build a 70 million dollar stadium, now you're following it up with a product that could be beat by an IRT flag football team.

This Wilbert guy has NEVER looked good, what makes this coaching staff think another week will change him?

Back to the top

Re: state of the program

We are the worst team in the nation. This program is just flat out awful. I'm glad Angelos and Walty decided to keep Howard around for one more season…
Back to the top

I said this after the troy games last year. No one wanted to listen Howard just had ring the stadium now he just embarrassing himself.  Any one who has defended Howard is eating crow right now and you know who you are.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I said this after the troy games last year. No one wanted to listen Howard just had ring the stadium now he just embarrassing himself.  Any one who has defended Howard is eating crow right now and you know who you are.

I don't know about the rest of the board, but I've had enough of you telling people here who were OK with letting Howard coach this year how dumb we are.  I get that you are upset at the current state of the program…WE ALL ARE!  But you have to understand FAU was NEVER going to fire Howard prior to this season.  NEVER.  This is because of two reasons…

1.  Despite how bad we have become and despite how you feel on the matter, he deserved one last opportunity in the stadium.  If he was healthy enough to coach in the stadium this year, he's earned it for all of the time, energy, and until the last few years, success he has had here.  AND…

2.  This, like, everything else, is about money.  Howard was signed through this season.  So are his coaches.  Do you honestly think FAU, now having to pay for a stadium of their own, was going to let go of Howard and his staff, pay them because them  the money they are CONTRACTUALLY owed, AND have enough money to hire a new staff?  Seriously, have you been paying attention to FAU athletics…We could not afford to do that…period.

So we get it…you wanted Howard gone last year…This team has been terrible…Congrats.  You, and the rest of us, all want change.  The good news is that real, sweeping, all-inclusive, top-to-bottom change is coming.  We just have to wait 7 more games.  Go enjoy the stadium.  Hopefully, we turn things around at home and win some ballgames, but please…enough with every post telling us how stupid we all are.  I'm not an idiot.  I saw this season coming (incidentially, so did Howard and Angelos…hence the pre-season retirement announcement), but I chose to support the program and take this season for what it is…a transition year. 
Back to the top

I have absolutely no faith in Angelos and am very very afraid of who he will chose as the next head coach.

Give Angelos his wish to find another university and not allow him to screw up this very important decision !!!
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

I have absolutely no faith in Angelos and am very very afraid of who he will chose as the next head coach.

Give Angelos his wish to find another university and not allow him to screw up this very important decision !!!

Not that I'm a huge Angelos fan or anything, but what exactly has he done for you to be afraid of who he'll hire?  He's made strong basketball hires. 
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

I think Angelos will make a good hire. But I will will be hard who would want to take this over.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlcountry40 said

I don't know about the rest of the board, but I've had enough of you telling people here who were OK with letting Howard coach this year how dumb we are.  I get that you are upset at the current state of the program…WE ALL ARE!  But you have to understand FAU was NEVER going to fire Howard prior to this season.  NEVER.  This is because of two reasons…

1.  Despite how bad we have become and despite how you feel on the matter, he deserved one last opportunity in the stadium.  If he was healthy enough to coach in the stadium this year, he's earned it for all of the time, energy, and until the last few years, success he has had here.  AND…

2.  This, like, everything else, is about money.  Howard was signed through this season.  So are his coaches.  Do you honestly think FAU, now having to pay for a stadium of their own, was going to let go of Howard and his staff, pay them because them  the money they are CONTRACTUALLY owed, AND have enough money to hire a new staff?  Seriously, have you been paying attention to FAU athletics…We could not afford to do that…period.

So we get it…you wanted Howard gone last year…This team has been terrible…Congrats.  You, and the rest of us, all want change.  The good news is that real, sweeping, all-inclusive, top-to-bottom change is coming.  We just have to wait 7 more games.  Go enjoy the stadium.  Hopefully, we turn things around at home and win some ballgames, but please…enough with every post telling us how stupid we all are.  I'm not an idiot.  I saw this season coming (incidentially, so did Howard and Angelos…hence the pre-season retirement announcement), but I chose to support the program and take this season for what it is…a transition year.
Think of the money we will lose from tickets sales from being the worst team in the country. I this time of college football of conference change and who is the hot program RIGHT NOW we can not afford to go 1-11 or 0-12 Im sorry but Howard's one year in the stadium is not worth hurting this program for the next 5 years.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlcountry40 said

I don't know about the rest of the board, but I've had enough of you telling people here who were OK with letting Howard coach this year how dumb we are.  I get that you are upset at the current state of the program…WE ALL ARE!  But you have to understand FAU was NEVER going to fire Howard prior to this season.  NEVER.  This is because of two reasons…

1.  Despite how bad we have become and despite how you feel on the matter, he deserved one last opportunity in the stadium.  If he was healthy enough to coach in the stadium this year, he's earned it for all of the time, energy, and until the last few years, success he has had here.  AND…

2.  This, like, everything else, is about money.  Howard was signed through this season.  So are his coaches.  Do you honestly think FAU, now having to pay for a stadium of their own, was going to let go of Howard and his staff, pay them because them  the money they are CONTRACTUALLY owed, AND have enough money to hire a new staff?  Seriously, have you been paying attention to FAU athletics…We could not afford to do that…period.

So we get it…you wanted Howard gone last year…This team has been terrible…Congrats.  You, and the rest of us, all want change.  The good news is that real, sweeping, all-inclusive, top-to-bottom change is coming.  We just have to wait 7 more games.  Go enjoy the stadium.  Hopefully, we turn things around at home and win some ballgames, but please…enough with every post telling us how stupid we all are.  I'm not an idiot.  I saw this season coming (incidentially, so did Howard and Angelos…hence the pre-season retirement announcement), but I chose to support the program and take this season for what it is…a transition year.

If Howard and Angelos knew this season was going to turn out how it is, he should have stepped down right away. I get what you are saying, support the program, no one is happy, blah blah blah. But come one, this isn't just a transition year, this has been and will continue to be a  disastrous period.

A transition year, is where you welcome in a new coach, change offenses and every body gets adjusted. We are not doing that in any way. Nothing we have done on the field this season will benefit the program down the road.

Look at our depth chart for next season, it is sad. The recruiting has been just flat out awful. Where is Paul Moore and Jarred Hunter, the two JUCO wrs we had to get? Where is Fortner and Travis Jones? Is it really necessary to give Alfred Morris 99.9% of our carries when we're down three scores and 0-5? Is there a qb on this roster that could win a game? No.

People try to validate the recruiting by saying, "hey we put Housler and Rusty in the NFL." Cool. Coastal Carolina and Tuskegee have more players on rosters than us.
Back to the top

state of the program

fauowls44 said

owlcountry40 said

I'm over the "told you so" postings as well however this season is going to disasterous for recruiting both quality coaches and players. The potential damage could take years to recover from and that's what scares me the most. Is there a realistic "solution or fix" to our issue? The only one I can think of that's in our control is the lottery. Let's all start playing and when one of us wins it big we donate to the program to lock up a quality hire now.
Back to the top
Control functions: