Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tailgating

What does everyone cook when they tailgate, and what song is your first song of the tailgating play list.

For my family and I it is Brats and Dogs, along with chips, soda and beer. And the first song on the playlist is This is how we roll by Florida Georgia Line. 
Back to the top

Burgers and beer, bourbon, and I almost always kick things off with Sweet Home Alabama. Then it's probably Big n Rich, Johnny Cash, and Luke Bryan.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

For my family and I it is Brats and Dogs
Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 10:43 AM #370088
So Wisconsin of you  :Laughing:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Wings,  some wings,  a little wings, then wings,  followed by wings… Finish up with some wings. 
Back to the top

lol. its a standing rule in Wisconsin if you tailgate with something other than brats, dogs or burgers, we revoke your tailgating card and you get the snot beat out of you. lol.
Back to the top

Rick said

Wings,  some wings,  a little wings, then wings,  followed by wings… Finish up with some wings. 
Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 11:10 AM #370096

If you don't add a side of wings, you're doing it wrong. You def need to snack up on some wings while the wings are cooking. That's a no brainer.
Back to the top

"Parking Lot Party" by Lee Brice.

Food depends upon the visiting team - we usually go with something from that area (Tex Mex for N Texas, Latin for FIU, etc).
Back to the top

What ever we are in the mood for mostly determined by the start time. Bud's Take Out Chicken, Laspada Subs. Anthony's Coal Fire, or wings. No cooking . Music….start with Lynyrd Skynyrd and and play any Southern Rock and Roll.
Back to the top

Usually it's a whole lot of beer and something from Publix Deli. I either go with the pre made Cuban sandwhich or just get a bumch of fried chicken for everyone of we're expecting a large group at the tailgates as far as music goes, it's a tropical paradise so we usually go with Sublime, Chili Peppers, Rebelution, etc.
Back to the top

Meals depend on my wife - I typically do whatever meat we are having and she typically adds some kind of appetizer, a couple of sides, and maybe even desert (depending on crowd/how many "friends" we make).  I usually plan ahead and smoke pulled pork BBQ or a brisket for at least one game - I worked at a BBQ restaurant in NC all through college.  For the other games, we bring either a grill or fryer depending on what we plan (fryer for anything from wings to pulling out packs of fish we catch on a couple of annual trips we make to Amelia Island).  I also will bring fresh shrimp for either a boil or sautéing them to a couple of games - generally as appetizers.

Drinks usually move from beer during the day and Gin and Tonics for early season games, switching to bourbon for night games or when the season turns colder.  But given it is Boca, not sure when "bourbon season" would ever start.  In NC, it was by the 3rd or 4th game of the season.

And side-note - as a first-timer, I know we will be in the Silver lot, and will have a group of at least 7 (plus whoever my daughter drags over with her).  I'd love to meet some of the guys on this board.  We'll probably show up around 4 or so to start setting up (assuming we can get in the lot) on Friday.  Our play list will be figured out as we settle in as Owls fans this season.
Back to the top
Control functions: