Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Talk of Hurts to FAU

I wish as he would run all over C USA like there was no tomorrow; however - the big question is could he fend off CRob's arm, because you know – CROB has a strong arm and it's hard to bench him because he can throw the football really, really far! I'm just playing lol.
Back to the top

d-owl said

I wish as he would run all over C USA like there was no tomorrow; however - the big question is could he fend off CRob's arm, because you know – CROB has a strong arm and it's hard to bench him because he can throw the football really, really far! I'm just playing lol.
Posted On: Jan 11th 2019, 12:33 PM #384654

MANY times TOO FAR! He hits a wide open Durante early 2nd half of the UNCC game it was game over!!! He overthrew badly, still gotta learn more touch!
Back to the top

Not saying I do not want Hurts to come here, I absolutely do and have been on that train since the Natty last year.

We should remember, however, the jumps that QBs tend to make between their first and second years as starters.

I give you, for reference, Mason Fine and Mckenzie Milton, who are two of the top passers in the G5 and possibly CFB.

Mason Fine: Mason Fine College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

McKenzie Milton: McKenzie Milton College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

What you really should be looking at are (1) rating and (2) TD-Int ratio, both of which dramatically improve from a freshman to sophomore season.

Chris Robison: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/chris-robison-1.html

A look at Chris reveals a bad TD-Int ratio but more than respectable rating. He still has a ton of potential and I would not be opposed to giving him the keys to our future. He certainly has the ability to take us to the next level.

So ask yourself this: would you want a grad transfer to come in this year and make us good this year but along the way kill Chris' confidence and possibly force him to transfer? Not to mention the fact that Jalen is most liekly following Enos to Miami, I would say stick with Chris.

Chris had an offer, and enrolled at, Oklahoma for a reason: the kid can throw footballs and read defenses. Last year we endured growing pains. This coming year we reap the rewards.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

So ask yourself this: would you want a grad transfer to come in this year and make us good this year but along the way kill Chris' confidence and possibly force him to transfer? Not to mention the fact that Jalen is most liekly following Enos to Miami, I would say stick with Chris.

Absolutely - to me it's a no brainer. Hurts comes here, he plays - and Chris will have to be mature and deal with it. I am not exactly sold on Chris. I understand he was a frosh and there are examples of shaky freshman years leading to great careers down the road. I didn't see enough this year to make me feel confident it will be a given with him. Hopefully he takes the next step. With that said, it's a non-issue since Jalen isn't coming here.

Back to the top

I’m not completely sure about Robison either but I do know one thing. Our receivers were terrible and he’s got a good enough arm and head on his shoulders to throw for a lot of yards and win a lot of games in the process if we have good receivers. Remember another thing. Our running backs in 2018 were not good pass catchers, most evidenced by Motor’s drop that cost us the MTSU game. The numbers Robison put up we’re expected given those shortcomings. Durante can’t catch remember that. If Kyle Davis is great Robison should throw for a lot of yards and we’ll win a lot of games. There is Tronti too!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’m not completely sure about Robison either but I do know one thing. Our receivers were terrible and he’s got a good enough arm and head on his shoulders to throw for a lot of yards and win a lot of games in the process if we have good receivers. Remember another thing. Our running backs in 2018 were not good pass catchers, most evidenced by Motor’s drop that cost us the MTSU game. The numbers Robison put up we’re expected given those shortcomings. Durante can’t catch remember that. If Kyle Davis is great Robison should throw for a lot of yards and we’ll win a lot of games. There is Tronti too!
Posted On: Jan 11th 2019, 6:17 PM #384663

I hear you: Durante was not perfect, but arguably as good a deep threat as we have ever had. Willie Wright regressed for whatever reason, but we know what he is capable of. We still had the best TE in the conference - so to me there were weapons. I'll give you the WRs greatly underperformed, but too often Chris didn't show to me he had a good head on his shoulders with some ridiculous decision making (e.g., throwing balls out of bounds on 4th down smh) and made countless throws (overthrows, lofting the ball) that made me shake my head. He just seems like Parr to me, the difference being he received an OU offer and likes to dance (sorry, had to do it lol).
Back to the top

In this crazy hypothetical, if Jalen Hurts came to Boca you would name him the starting QB as soon as he said he was coming.  In the real world, given the options Hurts has I don't see how FAU would be any higher than his 12th choice (maybe lower).  Some of the degenerate betting sites have other G5 schools ahead of FAU as possible landing spots like Houston and even UCF.  I'd think Miami got a little closer to being a front-runner by naming Dan Enos as their new OC.
Back to the top

I see him leaving as a serious possibility. However, he will leave to go where he can improve his stock. He could certainly come in and take CUSA by storm, but he would be better suited to go to a BIGTEN team like Maryland and put up big numbers against serious competition, even in a losing effort. He also could go to Oklahoma, if Murray leaves, and make waves on the big stage. Fingers crossed for FAU, but he has far more to gain from playing against a higher level of competition.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Lockley (Maryland)  and Enos (UM) both sat him over Tua! And we all saw what Tua was really in the playoff games- AWFUL!
Back to the top

I’d say Khalib Woods was 100 times the deep threat Durante is. Who’s to say that even if that ball against Charlotte is thrown perfectly that Durante even catches it. He dropped every tough catch. The ball had to be placed perfectly for Durante and he’d only catch it if he wasn’t running fast. Whenever he ran as fast as he could he couldn’t catch. That’s probably why West Virginia didn’t play him. The number one receiver can’t have such issues, especially when the rest of the receivers weren’t setting the world on fire. It’s clear we’re goong to turn into a passing team though so I don’t know about us getting primarily running qbs 
Back to the top
Control functions: