Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Televised Games Added

Back to the top

Televised Games Added

I'll save you lazy people a click:

FAU Football Television Package Expanded

Eight Games to be Available to Owl Fans

Sept. 12, 2007

Florida Atlantic University's Athletics Department added two additional televised games to its 2007 football schedule. The television package is a combination of national broadcasts, Sun Belt Conference contracts, purchased production through the generosity of a donor and joint agreements with the host universities.

"We strive to televise as many away contests as possible," said Craig Angelos, FAU's athletics director. "Our goal is to feature the university each week. Through the generosity of corporations and benefactors, we have also televised at least six games each season to provide an avenue for our fans on away weekends. 2007 will be no different."

FAU will be featured this week nationally on ESPN360, an Internet-based broadcast. Owl fans across the nation will have the opportunity to watch FAU play host to Minnesota on Saturday, September 15 at Dolphin Stadium.

FAU will then head to the University of North Texas where the Owls will face the Mean Green on Saturday, September 22 in Denton, Texas. The FAU vs. UNT game will be shown in the FAU market - Miami-Dade County north through Martin County, on CSS, a Comcast Cable affiliate (channel 32 in the Palm Beach market, channel 63 in the Miami/Dade market and channel 41 in Broward County).

The Owls then travel to the University of Kentucky on Saturday, September 29, where they will face Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger's alma mater. The Kentucky game is slated for an ESPN Game Plan pay-per-view option, but will not be confirmed until 12 days out.

FAU will play host to Big East contender University of South Florida on Saturday, October 6. The Bulls have elected to broadcast this game, which will be shown in the Tampa Bay area only.

Two years ago FAU flew into Lafayette, Louisiana the day of the game, due to Hurricane Katrina, and defeated the Ragin' Cajuns before a televised audience. The 2007 rematch has been selected by the Sun Belt Conference as a regionally televised game on CSS, to be aired on Saturday, October 20.

Two home games, scheduled for Saturday, October 27 then Saturday, November 10, will be played against Louisiana-Monroe and Arkansas State University. These games will feature Homecoming and Senior Night.

FAU will then close out the 2007 schedule on the road, and these games are slated to be televised. First, the Owls will travel to the University of Florida on Saturday, November 17 for a game that is currently scheduled for ESPN Game Plan pay-per-view and will re-air on Sunday, November 18 on Sun Sports TV. The Florida International match-up on Saturday, November 24 will be played at the Orange Bowl, the stadium where Schnellenberger guided the University of Miami to a National Championship. This game is part of a Sun Belt Regional broadcast and will air on CSS.

The Owls' final regular-season stop, scheduled for Saturday, December 1, will be Troy, Alabama, where FAU will face the Trojans for the third time in four years. This broadcast is a partnership between the two schools and will air regionally on CSS.

All games, both home and away, may also be heard on WMEN-640 AM and via the Internet at www.fausports.com.

TV schedule looks pretty good to me. I love CSS - if only it was available in HD. But I guess we can't have everything…YET!
Back to the top

Televised Games Added

Sucks i have Direct tv and i never get to see any of these.. i even got the largest package..

Peyton
Back to the top

Televised Games Added

Does CSS regional mean it will be aired in the Jacksonville area? I'd love to watch some of the away games.
Back to the top

Televised Games Added

Peyton77 said

Sucks i have Direct tv and i never get to see any of these.. i even got the largest package..

I am in the same boat. I wish some of the FAU games would be picked up on the Game Day package.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Televised Games Added

Televised Games Added

owlfan1 said

I am in the same boat. I wish some of the FAU games would be picked up on the Game Day package.

GO OWLS!!!

Your wish is their command…and then some!

"This Saturday's game against no. 14 ranked Kentucky will be seen on the ESPN Game Plan pay-per-view package. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. The October sixth game between FAU and no. 18 South Florida at Lockhart Stadium has been picked up by ESPNU. Also note that the game time has been changed from its original start time of 4 p.m. to 3:30 p.m."
Back to the top
Control functions: