Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ten 2013 FAU Football Stats to Note

teambeer said

voss749 said

teambeer

Yeah but it doesnt need to be Friday afternoon. It could be Friday 7 pm…If we have 9 wins, we'll get a friday evening slot.
Posted On: Jan 5th 2014, 7:54 PM #325649

I agree…I think that Chun was almost feeling different times out this year when they set the schedule, after all, this was his first full season on the job. I'd really prefer we don't play any early season  home games at noon or 3pm, heck at any point in the season! It's not uncommon to have an 85 degree day in late November here. Hopeful we don't see that early kickoff again this season, haven't heard one person think it was a good time.

About FIU though, we have to remember that CUSA brings larger TV contracts and that game was on FS1 which is technically national television, so I'm guessing that we didn't have too much say as to when we played that game.
Posted On: Jan 6th 2014, 7:28 AM #325661

I have been to noon games for UM, why?   TV…same reason I was at a noon game for FAU, we didn't schedule the time…if you notice on our season tickets they do not have times on them.  Because if TV says we want you to play at 9 a.m., guess what we will be having sunrise breakfast tailgates…There was about 12 years where home televised games were almost non-existent with the exception of 3 or 4 games (Colgate, Troy, I believe an FIU game, can't think of any others).   We can't complain about a noon game when given the opportunity.  
Back to the top

Just curious, and I am not sure which I'd prefer…hypothetically, would you rather have a noon game with 5,000 in stands but on FX1 or 22,000 in the stands and not on TV at 7 p.m.?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Just curious, and I am not sure which I'd prefer…hypothetically, would you rather have a noon game with 5,000 in stands but on FX1 or 22,000 in the stands and not on TV at 7 p.m.?

Posted On: Jan 6th 2014, 5:46 PM #325684

TV…national exposure every time.  UF seems to get a nice crowd for noon games….must have something to do with winning.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Posted On: Jan 6th 2014, 5:46 PM #325684

The  7 pm game.  Let's work on the game day experience and get people to want to come.  I am not particularly happy about the nation seeing a 5000 attendance.  That visual  impression doesn't do us any good.
Back to the top

Selling out the stadium would be better financially than being seen on a 3rd tier cable network. When FAU can put 20-25,000 in the stands on a regular basis you wont have to worry about being on tv, youll be on tv.

If FAU in 2015 has come off 8+ win season and is hosting UM you wont have to worry about TV or selling the stadium.
Back to the top
Control functions: