Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tennessee Titans Hire Mike Munchack

ESPN News - Tennessee Titans promote Hall of Fame guard and offensive line coach Mike Munchak to head coach

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Tennessee Titans Hire Mike Munchack

Well our guy has a fighting chance imo...Still think they will draft someone high
Back to the top

I'd like to think that this means Rusty still may have a place on the team, but I don't know.  I do know that Tenn. definetly needs to pick up a starting QB for next season….if there is one.  I'd like to see them find a decent free agent QB and keep Collins and Smith as 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Or maybe we'll see Rusty playing with the Florida Tuskers next season, who knows?

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Who would they draft? Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert will be off the board. Mallet's arm looks phenomenal but the consensus seems to be that after the two mentioned, there is a big drop off.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

Who would they draft? Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert will be off the board. Mallet's arm looks phenomenal but the consensus seems to be that after the two mentioned, there is a big drop off.
pretty sure they could get Ponder in the 2nd rd
Back to the top

Kyle Orton of the Broncos likely is available. John Elway, the new director of football operations for Denver, claims no one has yet decided whether Orton or Tim Teboe will go into training camp as the No. 1. Some people here expect Orton to be traded to eliminate any QB controversy before it really gets started. That would leave the Broncos with Teboe (and Brady Quinn as a backup). Whatever happens in Nashville, I would love to see Rusty come here (highly unlikely, I'm afraid). Elway just loves strong arms on big QBs, and the character thing is a plus in Denver. It has served Teboe well already. I regret that Rusty's teammates did not do better for him in that start in Houston. I don't think that was a fair chance for him. But, sometimes, that's the way it goes. If the NFL doesn't work out – and I don't think it should be written off by any means – the Canadian League offers interesting opportunities, as some former Owls know.
Back to the top

Heimerdinger canned…

That's the second of Rusty's supporters, after Fisher…

Anything on record about what "Munch" had to say about Smith?

"This now gives Munchak eight openings to fill on his coaching staff. Fisher had fired defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil last month, while the defensive line coach, running backs coach and wide receivers assistant all left for other jobs. Former teammate Bruce Matthews, now an assistant in Houston, is expected to be Munchak's top target to fill his old job with the offensive line."

Link
Back to the top

Tennessee Titans Hire Mike Munchack

Rick said

Heimerdinger canned…

That's the second of Rusty's supporters, after Fisher…

Anything on record about what "Munch" had to say about Smith?

"This now gives Munchak eight openings to fill on his coaching staff. Fisher had fired defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil last month, while the defensive line coach, running backs coach and wide receivers assistant all left for other jobs. Former teammate Bruce Matthews, now an assistant in Houston, is expected to be Munchak's top target to fill his old job with the offensive line."

Link

I hope he gets a shot. He didnt look good in his start for sure. Some of it not his fault but some was. He had his chance and I'm afraid that may be all he'll get.

He never should of started last year. he really needed a full year of NFL acclimation and clipboard holding.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Totally agree, while it was great to see an owl start on TV, I really did not want to see that happen till this next season.  Way too early for Rusty and while it was in no way his fault, it may have cost him big.  I hope someone can see that he has talent and takes him in though.  I'd hate to see our first draftee become a bust.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: