Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The 2005 schedule is staring to come together!!!

Notes from Greeley, Colo.: A couple of Alumni Association folks seem to think that a game against Cincinnati in 2005 is a lock. With most of the schedule for 2005 set (including the opener at Kansas), this would leave one slot, assuming the limit in 2005 is 11 games – and I think it is. The Nebraska mention by the TV announcers during the Northern Colorado game was intriguing. Without doubt, the strong performances in the first five games, as well as the coach's mastery in garnering favorable press, are working wonders for the young program.

The Alumni Association folks also think that a three-game set with Michigan State is set, starting in 2007. That would be a game there, one in South Florida and the third back at Michigan State. In any case, it is a pleasure to watch all of this unfold.
Back to the top

That's just how it has to be because they had to work the schedule around all the new members, hopefully after next year the Sun Belt schools will not change and we will be alternating home games with all the members.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Notes from Greeley, Colo.: A couple of Alumni Association folks seem to think that a game against Cincinnati in 2005 is a lock. With most of the schedule for 2005 set (including the opener at Kansas), this would leave one slot, assuming the limit in 2005 is 11 games – and I think it is. The Nebraska mention by the TV announcers during the Northern Colorado game was intriguing. Without doubt, the strong performances in the first five games, as well as the coach's mastery in garnering favorable press, are working wonders for the young program.

The Alumni Association folks also think that a three-game set with Michigan State is set, starting in 2007. That would be a game there, one in South Florida and the third back at Michigan State. In any case, it is a pleasure to watch all of this unfold.

The Nebraska game PROBABLY will happen.
The Cincy game would be great if we can get it. I have a former RB who plays for them.
This team is moving on up, real fast!!
Back to the top

Why would FAU have to travel to Troy two years in a row (three times in four years)? I would think the SunBelt would even out the home and away games.

I was hoping to see Troy (assuming it ever develops a consistent offense) at either FAU or FIU next year.

MTSU travels to Troy this season and returns to Troy next season. But that schedule is tentative. You never know. We also have both the Florida schools on the road and both the Louisiana schools at home. I would much rather prefer us to split those games with one Florida team at home and one on the road and one Louisiana team at home and one on the road.

Maybe they'll look at mixing it around better with Utah State, New Mexico State, and Idaho leaving, BUT those teams do not appear on our 2005 schedule as they have been replaced by FAU (who was not originally scheduled), FIU, and Vanderbilt.
Back to the top
Control functions: