Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Way Too Early Look at 2019 Thread

Actually no. Read my previous post on grades.  Failed grades and failed drug tests account for the largest percentage of reason for not qualifying.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Local Owl said

Grades and pot are the two biggest reasons for removal from team. Somehow they go hand in hand.
Posted On: Jun 20th 2019, 4:44 PM #386881

Lol Pot……….. that’s what’s your blaming guys getting bad grades on
Posted On: Jun 20th 2019, 7:57 PM #386882
There IS a reason growing up in the 70's we called them DOPE HEADS!
Back to the top

Anybody know who showed up from what position groups this week?
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Posted On: Jun 24th 2019, 1:36 PM #386925

Good timing! Just got from FAU:

Marlon Bradley (DL), Rayquan Berry (RB), Eyin Cole (WR), Zachary Hammann (LB), Ladarius Henry (S), Dwight Jackson (LB), Jeff James (S), Latrell Jean (DL), Dorien Josey (DL), Rahsaan Lewis (WR), Nicholas Marino (OL), Donald McCarthy (WR), Logan McLeod (K), Antarrius Moultrie (LB), Romain Mungin (WR), Deante Nelson (ATH), Terique Owens (WR), Javion Posey (QB), Deshawn Richardson (OL), Warren Sapp II (DL), Dane Stratton (WR), Travon Thomas (DL) and Ryan Veingrad (DL).

In the car now so will add a couple takes when I park, but getting Deante Nelson on campus now is huge. He’s my breakout candidate among freshmen non-running backs. Pray the Jake Jinx doesn’t work here.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

Art Vandelay said

Posted On: Jun 24th 2019, 1:36 PM #386925

Good timing! Just got from FAU:

Marlon Bradley (DL), Rayquan Berry (RB), Eyin Cole (WR), Zachary Hammann (LB), Ladarius Henry (S), Dwight Jackson (LB), Jeff James (S), Latrell Jean (DL), Dorien Josey (DL), Rahsaan Lewis (WR), Nicholas Marino (OL), Donald McCarthy (WR), Logan McLeod (K), Antarrius Moultrie (LB), Romain Mungin (WR), Deante Nelson (ATH), Terique Owens (WR), Javion Posey (QB), Deshawn Richardson (OL), Warren Sapp II (DL), Dane Stratton (WR), Travon Thomas (DL) and Ryan Veingrad (DL).

In the car now so will add a couple takes when I park, but getting Deante Nelson on campus now is huge. He’s my breakout candidate among freshmen non-running backs. Pray the Jake Jinx doesn’t work here.
Posted On: Jun 24th 2019, 6:21 PM #386926

You said we're waiting to hear about Glover Cook? I haven't heard anything about him in a while…

Glad to hear there's no texting and driving.
Back to the top

I expected him to be here before fall camp starts early August, I still do. Joe Lewis is TBD on when he will be here but he is still planning on coming; his absence is for personal reasons, I’ll leave it at that…Taz Nicholson was waiting on transcripts/academics last I spoke to him…Jeremiah Ashe will be here I think early July, he was finishing a class. 

If my math is right (big IF) 11 of the players who signed either on NSD or ESP are part of this 19. Add in the six scholarship guys from last month (not counting Calvin Ashley) and Toombs/Howard who arrived early and you’re at 19. Which is fine? FAU also lost Bryant and Epson to the portal.

TL;DR: You got a good amount of guys who I think can make impacts this year - Dean, McCammon, Deante Nelson. We need to see what happens with Cook and Nicholson. 

Back to the top

So Francois is officially a no go Jake?
Back to the top

JakeElman said

I expected him to be here before fall camp starts early August, I still do. Joe Lewis is TBD on when he will be here but he is still planning on coming; his absence is for personal reasons, I’ll leave it at that…Taz Nicholson was waiting on transcripts/academics last I spoke to him…Jeremiah Ashe will be here I think early July, he was finishing a class. 

If my math is right (big IF) 11 of the players who signed either on NSD or ESP are part of this 19. Add in the six scholarship guys from last month (not counting Calvin Ashley) and Toombs/Howard who arrived early and you’re at 19. Which is fine? FAU also lost Bryant and Epson to the portal.

TL;DR: You got a good amount of guys who I think can make impacts this year - Dean, McCammon, Deante Nelson. We need to see what happens with Cook and Nicholson. 
Posted On: Jun 24th 2019, 8:23 PM #386928
'

Xavier Roberts is also expected to come this summer as well. When the dust settles and we add guys a few more guys this summer and the ones will might Gray Shirt (Joe Lewis and James Meeks and possibly Wynn) The class will be around 25 which is normal.

Back to the top

LawOwl said

So Francois is officially a no go Jake?
Posted On: Jun 24th 2019, 9:03 PM #386930

He is not coming. He visited Alabama State this past weekend.
Back to the top

I mentioned Ryan Veingrad in that list. He played the last two years as a walk-on at Michigan as a DL. Spanish River grad in 2017, year before my sister. 🦈 

I bring this up because he’s someone to root for besides being a Shark. He’s a cancer survivor. Spanish River DE Ryan Veingrad inspires after tackling cancer - Sports - The Palm Beach Post - West Palm Beach, FL

Back to the top
Control functions: