Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Way Too Early Look at 2019 Thread

One article claimed he was fau's forth highest ranked recruit ever. I'm uoset. But by no means shocked. Happens all the time.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’m pretty shocked and upset to read in an article from last week that apparently Cameron Wynn didn’t qualify academically (among others). It says Wynn might be here in January. Wasn’t this guy the highest rated in our class we just can’t catch a break. Without the promising Wynn, it just looks like another year of not so good receivers
Posted On: Jun 19th 2019, 11:35 AM #386865

I will update the class in another thread. If he gets here in January that's fine.

Depending on Freshmen WR is not great.

We will know more on the 24th when another large group shows up.

The ones we know will not be here are:

Andrew Plummer

J.D. Martin

Tye Edwards

Brian Merrit

Adrian Bryant

James Meeks (Will Gray shirt and come in January)

Joe Lewis (Might Gray Shirt and come in January)

Adrian Bryant (Arrive than quickly left)

The thing to remember is we had 33 commits many did not sign an NLI so they would not count vs the 25 caps

The staff basically took 8-10 risks and banked on getting about half of those guys in.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

jgf2017 said

I’m pretty shocked and upset to read in an article from last week that apparently Cameron Wynn didn’t qualify academically (among others). It says Wynn might be here in January. Wasn’t this guy the highest rated in our class we just can’t catch a break. Without the promising Wynn, it just looks like another year of not so good receivers
Posted On: Jun 19th 2019, 11:35 AM #386865

I will update the class in another thread. If he gets here in January that's fine.

Depending on Freshmen WR is not great.

We will know more on the 24th when another large group shows up.

The ones we know will not be here are:

Andrew Plummer

J.D. Martin

Tye Edwards

Brian Merrit

Adrian Bryant

James Meeks (Will Gray shirt and come in January)

Joe Lewis (Might Gray Shirt and come in January)

Adrian Bryant (Arrive than quickly left)

The thing to remember is we had 33 commits many did not sign an NLI so they would not count vs the 25 caps

The staff basically took 8-10 risks and banked on getting about half of those guys in.

Posted On: Jun 19th 2019, 12:50 PM #386867

This was expected and I totally agree with this strategy. Take 10 risks, if 3 pan out then we get 3 kids we would not have normally had.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I understand but with a lot of these guys either never coming or coming late due to whatever reason, I hope that doesn’t lower the grade for our recruiting class. I hope we still have the vest class in the conference 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I understand but with a lot of these guys either never coming or coming late due to whatever reason, I hope that doesn’t lower the grade for our recruiting class. I hope we still have the vest class in the conference 
Posted On: Jun 20th 2019, 8:28 AM #386875

Nearly ALL schools lose recruits due to academics, too bad the kids and their families let this happen.

My daughter here in GA is a private tutor and MANY of her clients (even from rich private schools) have grade issues, and not just to the Duke/Stanford/Wake types of schools!
Back to the top

I obviously know nothing about student athletes and academics. But, it just I don't understand what's going on. It seems like an insanely high number of guys haven't made grades. Tutors can be the difference, and it just makes me wonder what's going on, how many tutors there are or whatever. I wish these young men understood how important their late teens and early twenties are for finishing up a college degree.
Back to the top

I think it is easy to understand. Go to any high school and check out the players. My kids were blessed. Two parents that made sure they went to the best private schools we could get them into. A very conducive atmosphere  for learning . Now , go to miami, the glades, any inner city. The schools are under funded. Many kids come from single parent house holds. Statistically  the test scores are wayyyyy lower. A lot of these kids are behind  the eight and have a lot of catching up to do. But colleges have guidelines  that must be followed. Minimums that must be met. A lot of these kids will never get the chance to prove they can improve because of poor early educational foundations being laid. Sad. But true.  This us why the juco route has become more and more common.   
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Jun 20th 2019, 8:28 AM #386875

Nothing change with the rankings as they are based on what you have trying to come in.

If they ranked every school based on who they lost some would change, but it will mostly be the same.

FIU has lost their top guy from last year couple of weeks ago.
Back to the top

Grades and pot are the two biggest reasons for removal from team. Somehow they go hand in hand.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Grades and pot are the two biggest reasons for removal from team. Somehow they go hand in hand.
Posted On: Jun 20th 2019, 4:44 PM #386881

Lol Pot……….. that’s what’s your blaming guys getting bad grades on
Back to the top
Control functions: