Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ticket prices.....

Re: Ticket prices.....

I didnt know they did that.

That is a very smart program, But not what I was talking about.

Lets say by 2016 the stadium is selling out on a regular basis or close to it.

I dont know how many seats are in the student section but lets say 5K.

So on the first weekend of school the "FAU Football Fling" is held and students are invited to camp out overnight outside the Ox (or in The Burrow) and in the morning will receieve a free season ticket with Valid Owl card. Either via first come, first served or a Lottery ticket handed out at the campout.

Now if there is still seats left available in GA, AND you didnt get a free ticket from the lottery, as a FAU student you can order 1/2 price GA tickets for the season.

That way you build campus life with the campuot, students can get free tickets, or get cheap tickets. Then once the graduate, they get the Recent Alumni discount, and then weaned off into Full Admission.

I believe MSU does a campout thing for thier basketball team, and Ill blantly admit I stole this concept from thiers.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I heard of some potential pricing for the new stadium.  I hope they realize they need to get into the Big East to charge the prices they are considering.  Nobody besides some of us crazies are paying $200 a ticket to watch us play ULL, ULM, WKU…no way.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I heard of some potential pricing for the new stadium.  I hope they realize they need to get into the Big East to charge the prices they are considering.  Nobody besides some of us crazies are paying $200 a ticket to watch us play ULL, ULM, WKU…no way.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

"I heard of some potential pricing for the new stadium.  I hope they realize they need to get into the Big East to charge the prices they are considering.  Nobody besides some of us crazies are paying $200 a ticket to watch us play ULL, ULM, WKU…no way."

I agree, when FIU first opened it's remodeled stadium, they were charging $24 general admission.  I am sorry, but we need to build a consistent fan base first, then jack up the prices once we get into a bigger conference.  UM season tickets start at $99 for 6 games and $19 general admission. 
Back to the top

"I heard of some potential pricing for the new stadium.  I hope they realize they need to get into the Big East to charge the prices they are considering.  Nobody besides some of us crazies are paying $200 a ticket to watch us play ULL, ULM, WKU…no way."

I agree, when FIU first opened it's remodeled stadium, they were charging $24 general admission.  I am sorry, but we need to build a consistent fan base first, then jack up the prices once we get into a bigger conference.  UM season tickets start at $99 for 6 games and $19 general admission. 
Back to the top

We'll have to see what the plans are.

Remember that this year was realitvely cheap because we onlly had 4 games so the total cost was lower.

I hope the get the information out soon so I can start figureing it into the budget.

Back to the top

We'll have to see what the plans are.

Remember that this year was realitvely cheap because we onlly had 4 games so the total cost was lower.

I hope the get the information out soon so I can start figureing it into the budget.

Back to the top

I think 15 a game GA is reasonable…I also think sideline seats (40 yrd line to 20 yrd line) at $50 per game(with a minimum $100 donation to the Owl Fund) is pretty fair…..5 games- $250 a year….20 yrd line seat probably around 30 per game ( 5 games- $150)…this would put the GAs at 90 per year…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I think 15 a game GA is reasonable…I also think sideline seats (40 yrd line to 20 yrd line) at $50 per game(with a minimum $100 donation to the Owl Fund) is pretty fair…..5 games- $250 a year….20 yrd line seat probably around 30 per game ( 5 games- $150)…this would put the GAs at 90 per year…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Let's be mindful that a profit must be made to help pay for the stadium. From what I've heard the ticket prices may be, it's very reasonable and in line with what other schools are charging.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: