Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Top 25 watch

Agrre. The Marshall loss did us in . Top 30. Not top 25
Back to the top

Big Cincy win was the final nail in the coffin.  Close but no cigar this year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Great review of FAU win over SMU.

Bowl Season Grades For Every Team, Conference: How Did Everyone Do?

Florida Atlantic Bowl Grade: A
Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl
Final Score: Florida Atlantic 52, SMU 28
Line: SMU -3, o/u: 70.5
– Boca Raton Bowl 5 Things That Matter
The Conference USA champs lost Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss and faced a dangerous SMU team with a high-octane passing attack. It was a nip-and-tuck game for a while, and then the Owls went off, got up 45-14, and it was a brilliant win.

Florida Atlantic 52, SMU 28 Boca Raton Bowl Recap 5 Things That Matter

1. Florida Atlantic’s shining moment
Give credit to Florida Atlantic for being better than SMU, but also give credit for rising up and rocking despite the coaching change and with the suspensions. The team was sharp, played with energy, and it closed out with a second 11-win season in the last three seasons.
Yes, it was a home game, and yes, this was a Conference USA champ that closed out the regular season with a dominant run. But the team played with a purpose and was brilliant against a team that – again – went 10-2 with two close losses on the road.
And now FAU is going to have a reputation to live up to. Four bowl games, four bowl wins, three of them in blowouts.
Willie Taggart, your table is ready.

Back to the top

No surprise didn’t finish in the top 25. Still can’t complain with being 27. That loss to Marshall was the difference maker, just like Buffalo in 2017.
Back to the top

OwlBadger said

No surprise didn’t finish in the top 25. Still can’t complain with being 27. That loss to Marshall was the difference maker, just like Buffalo in 2017.
Posted On: Jan 14th 2020, 8:42 AM #393390

Agreed, but do "question" 3 FIVE (5) LOSS teams in top 25!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

OwlBadger said

Posted On: Jan 14th 2020, 8:48 AM #393391

There was only 1 5 loss team ranked. Unfortunately that team blew out a top 10 Utah game. 
Back to the top

OwlBadger said

GeorgiaOwl said

OwlBadger said

Posted On: Jan 14th 2020, 8:48 AM #393391

There was only 1 5 loss team ranked. Unfortunately that team blew out a top 10 Utah game. 
Posted On: Jan 14th 2020, 9:33 AM #393392

In AP you are right, sorry. I was looking at the final CFB rankings list.
Back to the top

The Sporting News has us at #24 right behind UCF.  The interesting thing is the poll shows we DROPPED a spot after beating SMU - who had been in their poll before we whipped them.

College football rankings: LSU reigns in final top 25 of 2019 season | Sporting News

The poll ends with 7 Group of 5 teams at the bottom (Memphis was at #16).  So pretty good in that nearly 1/3rd of the poll is G5.
Back to the top

Real bummer not to crack the top 25, but I'm not surprised.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Real bummer not to crack the top 25, but I'm not surprised.

Posted On: Jan 14th 2020, 12:30 PM #393395

That’s two out of the past three years we’ve been knocking on the door of a final top 25 ranking. I really think it was the Marshall game that cost us. While I think it’s BS that we didn’t end ranked, it doesn’t take away from the great season we had. Looking forward to what Willie can do with this team next year. We can realistically go 11-1 or 10-2 in the regular seas if everything falls into place 
Back to the top
Control functions: