Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

who let the owls out

Re: who let the owls out

The Latest Sign of the Dreaded Summer Doldrums: Concern about "who let the owls out"…

Practice can't start soon enough!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

I love this topic…..and i have spoke to the guy that started this chant and i told him to chnat anything but something the baha men started.  This fan is Fanatical and flipped out on me telling me to come up with something better

Yeah he's pretty bitter about it because he feels like Smitty does… at least we have something. He was trying to put something out there and establish some tradition. Good effort and at the UF game people were really into it (different guy started it, a younger guy) because the emotion was so high there. I haven't seen/heard it have much success at other games though. I'd prefer something different but maybe it's one of those "two bits, four bits" type of chants that's not revered early on but somehow lasts throughout the ages.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

This, besides the color wars debate, has to be the most obnoxious topic that refuses to die!

I thought that was pretty much a done deal. Student Government passed a resolution saying they wouldn't use SG money to fund any sports shirts unless they were FAU blue. The only exception is for Rivalry games like BURY THE BURROW IN RED and special events (i.e. whiteouts).

That's pretty fair I think… and this coming from someone who was strongly pro-red.

So it's a done deal.
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

people have complained about me at bball games

No way!?  Are you serious!?  What for?!

;) ;D
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Florida_Owl said

This, besides the color wars debate, has to be the most obnoxious topic that refuses to die!

I thought that was pretty much a done deal. Student Government passed a resolution saying they wouldn't use SG money to fund any sports shirts unless they were FAU blue. The only exception is for Rivalry games like BURY THE BURROW IN RED and special events (i.e. whiteouts).

That's pretty fair I think… and this coming from someone who was strongly pro-red.

So it's a done deal.

Hadn't heard it, but glad they finally did something!
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

The Latest Sign of the Dreaded Summer Doldrums: Concern about "who let the owls out"…

You are right….sometime tonight someone will post a thread about blue shovels and then practice can finally get underway!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

SeminOWL2006 said

You are right….sometime tonight someone will post a thread about blue shovels and then practice can finally get underway!

There was this one time at band camp, a RED SHOVEL  ::) :-X  :P
Back to the top

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of the chant.

Lets keep in mind that a lot of the cheers at schools are pretty lame…2 bits 4 bits? Not very cool either but because they have 90K people saying it all at once it works. Hell, if we could get 20K people IN Lockhart just clapping it would work. As much as I hate the chant, I have a feeling that 10 years from now, when we've got 40K people going "whoo whoo whoo" together, we'll look back and say: "I still think it's a stupid song but that chant sounds really cool now. Good thing most of the people doing it have no idea where it came from."

I bet we could pony up a few hundred bucks to get the Baja Men to rerecord an Owls version of the song. I think they're playing Lulu's Bait Shack in Ft. Lauderdale on Friday nights now.
Back to the top

Gents, I'm moving out of the country.

After further research, I found out that the Baha Men received a Grammy for "Who Let the Dogs Out" and I can't bring myself to live here anymore.  ;D
Back to the top

Bytor said

There was this one time at band camp, a RED SHOVEL   ::) :-X   :P

Too bad it didnt work out!

would look very nice up on the wall with 8 brass tags of the teams we waxed last year…and great going into the ground on groundbreaking day!
Back to the top
Control functions: