Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

who let the owls out

Re: who let the owls out

Florida_Owl said

Nunzio42 said

people have complained about me at bball games

No way!?  Are you serious!?  What for?!

;) ;D

Lol, i guess i am sort-a loud or something???? and sometimes i have a little too much liquid courage!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Gents, I'm moving out of the country.

After further research, I found out that the Baha Men received a Grammy for "Who Let the Dogs Out" and I can't bring myself to live here anymore.  ;D

yah and who let the owls out would go multi-platnium!
Back to the top

The Baja Men (or is it the Baha Men?) won a Grammy? That's hilarious! And they have some regular gig at a joint in Fort Lauderdale? I agree that it would be great to get 'em to record an Owls version of the song. What the heck. It's no where near as corny as that pre-game chant by the older gent at the Gators' games. If someone organizes a Baja Men gig, count on me to contribute $100 to the fund to get 'em to do it, and to buy a few CDs. Heck, if they're playing some Fort Lauderdale bar, you probably could get them to come to a game for halftime or something (for dollars, of course). Then get the Dance Team to do some routine to it (I'm sure Ted Hutton could try to set this up).
Back to the top

And Owsley can "shake his tail feathers" like the Nelly song.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

grayowl said

you probably could get them to come to a game for halftime or something (for dollars, of course). Then get the Dance Team to do some routine to it (I'm sure Ted Hutton could try to set this up).

We have a marching band for entertainment during halftime.
Back to the top

Screw red t-shirts and screw the WLTOO? guy.

Just my two cents.

With that said, at least the dude shows up for every game (even after I repeatedly direct my middle finger his way when he starts to chant).

I think I might start a slow-building, hoot, hoot, hoot, HOOT, HOOT, HOOT chant this year with the kicker's footsteps on kickoffs. I just came up with that idea in five seconds, and it's definitely 100 times better than WLTOO?
Back to the top

Let's not take away from the tradition that is already building during kickoffs. F-A-U Owls. When the ball is kicked it's F….in the air is A…coming down is U…and when it's caught OWLS. Not many people know it though.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I thought that was pretty much a done deal. Student Government passed a resolution saying they wouldn't use SG money to fund any sports shirts unless they were FAU blue. The only exception is for Rivalry games like BURY THE BURROW IN RED and special events (i.e. whiteouts).

That's pretty fair I think… and this coming from someone who was strongly pro-red.

So it's a done deal.

Disclaimer:

NOT trying to start, or rekindle a debate…whatever color folks want to wear is just fine by me!  Just wish the administration's standards would finally get on board with the demand!  ;D

But, did they mention a technicality clause (another form of media)?? We're appearantly trying to moving in a different direction, once again…….

Here's the latest "Spirit Promo Card":

Back to the top

Ps…here's the back of the card…which displays the fight song..nice touch!

Back to the top

The color debate has always been silly…if our colors are Blue and Red, who cares if you wear one or the other. I'm pretty sure FSU fans don't get crazy if ur shirt is gold rather than garnet…

If the school wants to push towards blue, simple solution, sell or give away shirts that are blue. easy.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: