Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Just logged on to 247 sports to look at recruiting rankings. Shows fau's head coach is "John garrison". Experts?
Posted On: Dec 17th 2019, 6:25 PM #392392

It is an auto thing and no one runs the FAU site.

Posted On: Dec 17th 2019, 6:34 PM #392393

Why doesn’t 247 just assign the FAU duties to ivins? Don’t think our site ever even said lane was the head coach. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Probably because he is busy covering Miami!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Rick said

Probably because he is busy covering Miami!

:Big-Grin:
Posted On: Dec 17th 2019, 9:07 PM #392398

It would take ten minutes every year to just go through things like who is listed as our head coach. Not asking for full on recruiting coverage. 

He’s also an OWL ALUM!!!!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

While it would be nice for Spencer to come back, it’s not exactly that important there’s other people that I’m sure would do just fine. And you can’t keep him just to be a nice guy. 
The big thing is who’s the OC. I’m getting a feeling Coach Taggart will make an announcement after the game and pretty soon after the game. I think it’s either Weis Jr. or Briles the fact Briles is still a free agent means he might come here right after the bowl game. Let’s see how Weis Jr. calls a game Saturday. If we got Briles I’m convinced our offense would put up 2017 numbers and be a top 25 team
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

While it would be nice for Spencer to come back, it’s not exactly that important there’s other people that I’m sure would do just fine. And you can’t keep him just to be a nice guy. 
The big thing is who’s the OC. I’m getting a feeling Coach Taggart will make an announcement after the game and pretty soon after the game. I think it’s either Weis Jr. or Briles the fact Briles is still a free agent means he might come here right after the bowl game. Let’s see how Weis Jr. calls a game Saturday. If we got Briles I’m convinced our offense would put up 2017 numbers and be a top 25 team
Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 4:26 PM #392457

No way would Briles coach under Taggart again.   Taggart took control away from briles and undermined him constantly.  One of his many mistakes in hiring and dealing with assistant coaches at FSU
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 4:26 PM #392457

No way would Briles coach under Taggart again.   Taggart took control away from briles and undermined him constantly.  One of his many mistakes in hiring and dealing with assistant coaches at FSU
Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 5:30 PM #392458

FAU just moved on the QB Weis has been recruiting for a year. That is not something you do if you plan on keeping him.

Briles and Taggart were not a great match at FSU.
Back to the top

I read where Romphf said that he decomitted because taggart would not guarantee him Jr. Was being retained..

Back to the top

Local Owl said

I read where Romphf said that he decomitted because taggart would not guarantee him Jr. Was being retained..

Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 9:46 PM #392464

The writing is on the wall.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 9:46 PM #392464

Why am I the only who is scared by this? Change is not always good. I guess I'm too conservative for this new coach thing….

With a new coach comes new offense (more often than not). I kind of like our offense the way it is….
Back to the top

Who knows how much of an input Weis even had on this offense. He’s never had to create the game plan and call plays before. Him being with Lane was perfect, IDK how he’d do on his own. I want Taggart to hire whoever he thinks will do the best job.
Back to the top
Control functions: