Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

That's a wrap, otherwise start a new topic.

Thank you!
Back to the top

I thought one thing the Boca Bowl did was make an FAU home game feel like an event. Not saying the food trucks have to be there every week but there was just this vibe when I was walking in like people want to be at the game. I think there’s something to be learned from UCF and how you could feel the buzz well before you parked. 

I totally get the argument about how making a game against Charlotte or MTSU feel like an event is tough. Winning sells but maybe people really do need more of not just a push, but an assurance that the UCF fiasco isn’t a weekly thing. (Or shouldn’t be.) Bad experiences scare people away. I wouldn’t want to go to a restaurant again if they mess up my order, the food is cold and the server is rude. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

NJOWL said

d-owl said

NJOWL said

d-owl said

GeorgiaOwl said

After the UCF fiasco at the stadium (NOT the game itself!) how can we expect people to wanna come back and spend their $$$ and TIME to be treated so poorly!

Lane fixed the product on the field, now what about the stadium management and gameday experience for the fans?

To me, to charge what WE do for the games PLUS charge what we do to just PARK your car for 3 to 6 hours is just stupid. WE are NOT a proven brand, WE do not offer brand name opponents, WE do not offer a convenient or even competent game day experience to convert new fans to FAU.

Think of OUR game day complaints as loyal FAU fans. Now think of yourself as being here for your first FAU game - would YOU come back for what we charge?????? To watch UNCC????????

I know FAU is "trying" but come on, the stadium has been open for NINE (9) YEARS now? We have only had two winning seasons since then (2017 and 2019 under Lane) yet we still price the team and games the same, especially for season ticket holders. I say DROP the ticket/parking prices, spend the $$ to TOTALLY UPGRADE the stadium experience and WHEN the games sell out or at least get to 75% capacity (butts in the seats!) and become a hard ticket to get, THEN begin to raise the prices back up.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 6:51 AM #393104
I know some people don't want to hear this (calling it libel even) lol – and I wasn't at the UCF game, but judging from what I read and heard (not just from fans, but from people who formally cover the team etc), it was not acceptable. As far as bringing people back to games, I know for a fact that people I went with to the 2017 Navy game have absolutely no intention of stepping foot in that stadium again after that fiasco of a game day experience (and it was, period). I could go on and on about what happened, but won't hijack the thread. The admin has heard the complaints and I'd think they will do what needs to be done.

Back to your regularly scheduled program – the staff! As far as I'm concerned, Willie is knocking it out the park – but time will tell.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 12:06 PM #393108
Defamation in Florida: false statement of fact, communicated to a third party, which is meant to hurt the plaintiff’s reputation or economic well-being. It is libel when written.

It is obviously not actionable here, but I use the word to illustrate how ridiculous the accusations are. FAU did a bad job, but not bad enough to not have people come back.

Again, such experiences are par for packed stadiums. Expecting anything else is like expecting us to cure world hunger - it would be nice and it's crazy that it's an issue, but it's not getting fixed over night.

People look for any excuse to complain. At first it's the team is bad so people don't want to go. Then the team is good but it's too crowded. Ridiculous. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Hopefully Willie gets the students to come back to the games instead of walking towards the dorms at kickoff. One great thing Partridge did when I was in college: He came to talk to all of Greek Life and actually got us pumped up for games. The team may have been 3-9, but the student section was consistently packed. Lane NEVER did anything like this.

Hopefully Willie Wagon can make us winners and pump up the students to go to the games again.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 12:40 PM #393109
I happen to have "Esq." after my name if you want to go there – and no, this isn't actionable (or applicable), so let's leave it at that.

You have a different opinion, and that's fine. I am going by what I experienced and what people I know experienced. It says a lot when I literally have to apologize for convincing people to come to the stadium. I'm not sure why you are putting blinders on to this issue – but if you have a different opinion, so be it. It may be fine and dandy for a usual small crowd; but imho they seemingly have no control in a big crowd/big game environment – from security, to concessions to just about everything – from what I experienced and what I have been told. Again, that's my opinion, and obviously the opinion of others here and elsewhere. Therefore, I'll continue to write it, and it will continue not being "libel" lol. Of course, you have a different opinion and that is fine – we aren't getting anywhere since we both have different views on the topic.

Of course, all said out of respect. I'm not here to get into it with a fellow Owl fan. With the work that Lane put it in, Willie can pick up the torch and keep the momentum. IMO he has done a great job with the staff so far.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 3:40 PM #393116
I also have Esq. after my name. 

Please re-read my post: not libel. Not actionable. But has the spirit of it.

Again, refer to my comments about going to crowded stadiums. You’re going to have this issue no matter what - people not coming back because of it is not a valid excuse. That’s just being soft and having your cake and eating it too. Go to any major college football game and you have the same issues - but no one complains about it and says they won’t go back. 

Just went to the orange bowl and it took us an hour to get out of the parking lot. Guess we should never go back. 

You may want to consider that something can be in-actionable libel but still satisfy the elements. The point is not suing the school, the point is showing how silly the comments are. Law concepts can be applied to every day actions without actually suing someone - I hope you know that by now. 
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 4:05 PM #393117

I also have “Esq.” after my name but come on guys time and place!!!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

NJOWL said

d-owl said

NJOWL said

d-owl said

GeorgiaOwl said

After the UCF fiasco at the stadium (NOT the game itself!) how can we expect people to wanna come back and spend their $$$ and TIME to be treated so poorly!

Lane fixed the product on the field, now what about the stadium management and gameday experience for the fans?

To me, to charge what WE do for the games PLUS charge what we do to just PARK your car for 3 to 6 hours is just stupid. WE are NOT a proven brand, WE do not offer brand name opponents, WE do not offer a convenient or even competent game day experience to convert new fans to FAU.

Think of OUR game day complaints as loyal FAU fans. Now think of yourself as being here for your first FAU game - would YOU come back for what we charge?????? To watch UNCC????????

I know FAU is "trying" but come on, the stadium has been open for NINE (9) YEARS now? We have only had two winning seasons since then (2017 and 2019 under Lane) yet we still price the team and games the same, especially for season ticket holders. I say DROP the ticket/parking prices, spend the $$ to TOTALLY UPGRADE the stadium experience and WHEN the games sell out or at least get to 75% capacity (butts in the seats!) and become a hard ticket to get, THEN begin to raise the prices back up.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 6:51 AM #393104
I know some people don't want to hear this (calling it libel even) lol – and I wasn't at the UCF game, but judging from what I read and heard (not just from fans, but from people who formally cover the team etc), it was not acceptable. As far as bringing people back to games, I know for a fact that people I went with to the 2017 Navy game have absolutely no intention of stepping foot in that stadium again after that fiasco of a game day experience (and it was, period). I could go on and on about what happened, but won't hijack the thread. The admin has heard the complaints and I'd think they will do what needs to be done.

Back to your regularly scheduled program – the staff! As far as I'm concerned, Willie is knocking it out the park – but time will tell.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 12:06 PM #393108
Defamation in Florida: false statement of fact, communicated to a third party, which is meant to hurt the plaintiff’s reputation or economic well-being. It is libel when written.

It is obviously not actionable here, but I use the word to illustrate how ridiculous the accusations are. FAU did a bad job, but not bad enough to not have people come back.

Again, such experiences are par for packed stadiums. Expecting anything else is like expecting us to cure world hunger - it would be nice and it's crazy that it's an issue, but it's not getting fixed over night.

People look for any excuse to complain. At first it's the team is bad so people don't want to go. Then the team is good but it's too crowded. Ridiculous. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Hopefully Willie gets the students to come back to the games instead of walking towards the dorms at kickoff. One great thing Partridge did when I was in college: He came to talk to all of Greek Life and actually got us pumped up for games. The team may have been 3-9, but the student section was consistently packed. Lane NEVER did anything like this.

Hopefully Willie Wagon can make us winners and pump up the students to go to the games again.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 12:40 PM #393109
I happen to have "Esq." after my name if you want to go there – and no, this isn't actionable (or applicable), so let's leave it at that.

You have a different opinion, and that's fine. I am going by what I experienced and what people I know experienced. It says a lot when I literally have to apologize for convincing people to come to the stadium. I'm not sure why you are putting blinders on to this issue – but if you have a different opinion, so be it. It may be fine and dandy for a usual small crowd; but imho they seemingly have no control in a big crowd/big game environment – from security, to concessions to just about everything – from what I experienced and what I have been told. Again, that's my opinion, and obviously the opinion of others here and elsewhere. Therefore, I'll continue to write it, and it will continue not being "libel" lol. Of course, you have a different opinion and that is fine – we aren't getting anywhere since we both have different views on the topic.

Of course, all said out of respect. I'm not here to get into it with a fellow Owl fan. With the work that Lane put it in, Willie can pick up the torch and keep the momentum. IMO he has done a great job with the staff so far.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 3:40 PM #393116
I also have Esq. after my name. 

Please re-read my post: not libel. Not actionable. But has the spirit of it.

Again, refer to my comments about going to crowded stadiums. You’re going to have this issue no matter what - people not coming back because of it is not a valid excuse. That’s just being soft and having your cake and eating it too. Go to any major college football game and you have the same issues - but no one complains about it and says they won’t go back. 

Just went to the orange bowl and it took us an hour to get out of the parking lot. Guess we should never go back. 

You may want to consider that something can be in-actionable libel but still satisfy the elements. The point is not suing the school, the point is showing how silly the comments are. Law concepts can be applied to every day actions without actually suing someone - I hope you know that by now. 
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 4:05 PM #393117

I also have “Esq.” after my name but come on guys time and place!!!
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 5:09 PM #393122

3 the hard way! Don't disagree, and it is all good – back to discussing the staff.
Back to the top

Very quiet in here. Wondering who the final 3 hires on defense will be
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Very quiet in here. Wondering who the final 3 hires on defense will be
Posted On: Jan 7th 2020, 8:39 AM #393226

Wondering if Leavitt is getting full control on those hires
Back to the top

Still have 5 days...they are hopeful to have them all in place by the 12th was what I was told...
Back to the top

Back to the top

What about Woodie’s son?  The way the NCAA is granting exceptions he could probably transfer and play right away.  
Back to the top

Raymond Woodie and Stanford Samuels Jr. have been added to Florida Atlantic University and newly hired head coach Willie Taggart’s football staff.

The duo were with Taggart at Florida State and will bring South Florida experience to the FAU coaching staff.

Woodie will work with the outside linebackers, a unit that has traditionally led of FAU’s defense.

Samuels Jr. will focus his attention on the defensive backs, which could potentially feature Meiko Dotson, who led the nation in interceptions per game (0.7).

With the hires, Kevin Patrick, who was previously announced as an outside linebackers coach, will move to his natural coaching position and a position he played, defensive line.
Back to the top
Control functions: