Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

I want Briles so bad. He could help Willie Wright excel again and the rest of the offense as well. It’ll be awesome if he’s back 
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

faufan2017 said

Willie hiring his friends to be coordinators while firing Spencer would be an absolute blow. It would be infuriating if we go back to being a 3-9 next season
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 6:44 PM #392521

Who said he is firing him. Reports say USF who pays more and an SEC school are looking at spencer.
Posted On: Dec 21st 2019, 11:23 AM #392542

I expect Spencer already turned in his notice and has already been hired for a new job.
Back to the top

I think FAU's Assistant Coach Salary pool is exceptionally high this year. Our pool was 2.1M when Kiffin was around. So if we used the extra money we saving on taggart on the assistant pool, I wouldn't be surprised if its over 3M. Can someone find out?

Back to the top

Officially concerned about who Taggart is gonna hire for OC after the article yahoo sports wrote in Taggart today. Taggart saying he wants to be more involved in the play calling to me is not a good thing. Hire someone to call plays 
Back to the top

At this rate it looks like we are gonna see if Skip Holtz wants to leave La Tech. That way we can have all the formee USF coaches. Maybe Charlie Strong as an analyst. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Officially concerned about who Taggart is gonna hire for OC after the article yahoo sports wrote in Taggart today. Taggart saying he wants to be more involved in the play calling to me is not a good thing. Hire someone to call plays 
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 12:57 PM #392767

With Charlie Weis Jr. expected to join #USF as offensive coordinator under Jeff Scott, I’m hearing #FAU tight ends coach Clint Trickett likely to be promoted and take on a coordinator role with Willie Taggart and the Owls. Trickett also would coach QBs. - -Adam Rittenberg

I think this is a great move.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 12:57 PM #392767

With Charlie Weis Jr. expected to join #USF as offensive coordinator under Jeff Scott, I’m hearing #FAU tight ends coach Clint Trickett likely to be promoted and take on a coordinator role with Willie Taggart and the Owls. Trickett also would coach QBs. - -Adam Rittenberg

I think this is a great move.  
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 1:51 PM #392769

Yeah I take back my previous post. This is great!
Back to the top

We just gave our proven right and left arm hires to USF.

:Straight-Face:

They were obviously good enough to go and coach at a higher level, why not keep them?

We'll have to see how this goes, but Spencer is probably going to eat us for lunch next year.

Back to the top

I’ve convinced myself that USF is a better job than FAU so Spencer decided to leave and go there. I wanted him to stay. He spent years as the DC at OK St so I expect he wants to get back in the P5 soon. 
Back to the top

Rick said

We just gave our proven right and left arm hires to USF.

:Straight-Face:

They were obviously good enough to go and coach at a higher level, why not keep them?

We'll have to see how this goes, but Spencer is probably going to eat us for lunch next year.

Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 2:09 PM #392772
Hence my concerns from day 1……Last I checked our offense was pretty freaking awesome but for some reason Willie T thinks he can do better….Yeah, right!
Back to the top
Control functions: