Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

Yea this is just the way to be positive. First it was we lost too many key players we’ll get clobbered we have to run for 300 yards Davidson and emmons lol. I picked us beating them down. Now it’s were screwed bc Charlie Weis Jr. a guy who’s only called 1 game in his life, is going to USF along with Spencer, who if you believe what you read is the only man capable of leading us to a dominating defense. What if Weis Jr. stayed and we got clobbered in Minnesota. Then it’s we kept too many from our old staff. When did Taggart become a terrible offensive mind, bc if you say FSU, it ain’t right to be that way. Taggart’s been calling plays since before Weis Jr. was in elementary school 
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Rick said

We just gave our proven right and left arm hires to USF.

:Straight-Face:

They were obviously good enough to go and coach at a higher level, why not keep them?

We'll have to see how this goes, but Spencer is probably going to eat us for lunch next year.

Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 2:09 PM #392772
Hence my concerns from day 1……Last I checked our offense was pretty freaking awesome but for some reason Willie T thinks he can do better….Yeah, right!
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 3:55 PM #392794

No offense but I’m going to go out on a limb and say he knows more than you.  When you hire someone to run your program, he decides who to hire period.  I liked  Spencer but the head coach wants Leavitt, he’s a proven DC as well.  This is getting old.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

cbboarder said

Rick said

They were obviously good enough to go and coach at a higher level, why not keep them?

We'll have to see how this goes, but Spencer is probably going to eat us for lunch next year.

Hence my concerns from day 1……Last I checked our offense was pretty freaking awesome but for some reason Willie T thinks he can do better….Yeah, right!

No offense but I’m going to go out on a limb and say he knows more than you.  When you hire someone to run your program, he decides who to hire period.  I liked  Spencer but the head coach wants Leavitt, he’s a proven DC as well.  This is getting old.

Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 4:53 PM #392804

#blindfaith. Hope I'm wrong…..

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I don’t get why so many people are acting like Taggart is making horrible decisions. The world won’t end because Spencer is gone, no way a coach who wanted the job was going to stay on staff. That’s just a recipe for disaster.

Weis only made the gameplan and called the plays in ONE game. Yeah they looked great in that game, but who knows how he’d do in the long run.

Lane isn’t the coach anymore. Taggart was the one who got the job and should be able to bring in anyone he wants. No one is going to takeover a job where they feel forced to keep the previous coordinators around.
Back to the top

I’m pretty sure Charlie left so he could make more than $180k, as opposed to Willie not wanting him.  Trickett and Leavitt are not a drop off.  I know we haven’t had a coach leave us after a successful season, but this is how it goes.  I’m not even sure they would have stayed if Lane was here
Back to the top

OL Coach Jeff Norrid and and ST Coordinator Jaron Fairman expected to be retained. S Coach Wes Neighbors and CB Coach Jason Jones will follow Spencer to USF.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Officially concerned about who Taggart is gonna hire for OC after the article yahoo sports wrote in Taggart today. Taggart saying he wants to be more involved in the play calling to me is not a good thing. Hire someone to call plays 
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 12:57 PM #392767

The fast spread "Gulf Coast" offense that Taggart implemented his last couple years at USF was pretty hard to stop. During 21 months or so that he was at FSU he had a horrible offensive line that neither he nor Kendall Briles could overcome in such a short time. Otherwise he would have gotten them rolling too.

FAU should be just fine offensively under Taggart. There is no reason to think he would do any worse than Kiffin did even if he is heavily involved in calling plays.
Back to the top

I would love to see Lamar Thomas as wide receiver coach.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

dusky256fc said

cbboarder said

Rick said

Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 4:53 PM #392804
#blindfaith. Hope I'm wrong…..

Go Owls!
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2019, 4:57 PM #392805
Not blind faith, knowledge and understanding  of what happens when a new coach comes in.  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Its an interesting scenario when a new coach comes in after an highly successful season and there seems to be no drop off in talent. Its tough. You are expected to win right away and keep it going. When the new coach comes in after a losing season, people are sympathetic and expect maybe a bad year maybe two before things turn around.

All eyes will be on Taggart next season to keep it going.

Kiffin's situation was that he came in with a roster full of good football players. No rebuilding. They just needed a good coach.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: