Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart to Become the Next FAU Football Head Coach

Local Owl said

Not all fsu  fans feel like this. My brother is a nole. Played baseball.. resides 35 miles north or tally, in georgia. He is fed up with watching loads of money being wasted and not improving faciluties. Yea, the average nole blames Taggart  for this dumpster fire.  But honest fans are willing to look a little deeper. Nothing personal seminlowl . Just being honest.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 2:01 PM #392318

Didn't blame him for all of it.   Said he was making them even worse and he was.   The direction he had FSU going was downward.    And all the stuff I  have said contributed to it

Look I hope he learned some lessons   if he hires the same crap assistants it will show me he hasn't.  David Kelly was one of those.   Hope it's off the field and the last

But it's hardly all roses like people here are making it.   If you don't see the bad things taggart was doing at FSU then more power to you.   I follow both programs.   Was thrilled when fsu dumped him and horrified when fau picked him up. I'll gladly eat crow if it means he doesn't suck anymore
Back to the top

FSU went from playoff appearances (and of course the 2013 nc), but if you don’t think finishing 2015 ranked 14th, 2016 8th ranked, and of course 2017 unranked, proves that FSU is a program on the decline by the time Taggart got there, then You are in serious denial. Things like FSU’s regression happen all the time. What makes FSU so lucky to be different than the Nebraska’s of the world. Delusional super fans. Cmon for real. Playoffs 2013-2014, then steadily trending down. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize FSU’s in trouble. If I were a betting man I’d go all in on FSU not sniffing a NC next decade 
Back to the top

Dinger said

Are you new to FAU football?  Not being funny, but we've gone through probably 10 DC over the last dozen years, and it's not because they are leaving for better jobs.  I have no desire to have another DC search right now

Well-I’m sure the school will greatly consider that YOU have no desire to have another DC search. Taggart is the HC, you don’t hire a HC and then force a staff on him, you might be new to football though, so I don’t know if you know that. I noted above that Spencer had been good. EVERY partridge made was amateur hour, so you can exclude Roc and the like, kiffin AND Taggart exist in a different stratosphere than Pelini and Partridge. 
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 4:08 PM #392323

You asked "Why is everyone on here acting like Glenn Spencer is an in prime dick lebeau?" and I told you my thoughts.  Your response is a totally different topic.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

FSU went from playoff appearances (and of course the 2013 nc), but if you don’t think finishing 2015 ranked 14th, 2016 8th ranked, and of course 2017 unranked, proves that FSU is a program on the decline by the time Taggart got there, then You are in serious denial. Things like FSU’s regression happen all the time. What makes FSU so lucky to be different than the Nebraska’s of the world. Delusional super fans. Cmon for real. Playoffs 2013-2014, then steadily trending down. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize FSU’s in trouble. If I were a betting man I’d go all in on FSU not sniffing a NC next decade 
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 4:41 PM #392326

Speaking of a high standard …

Alabama and Ohio State programs arent normal. I'd say it's a pretty darn good year to go to the orange bowl and beat a program like.michigan.

Jimbo had them in new year's 6 like bowl games from 2012-2016.  Pretty damn good.  2017 was horrendous.  Willie took over and had them worse both years.  Only reason FSU went 6-6 this year was dumping him.  No way does FSU beat bc with Willie.  Briles was able to actually run tbe offense and garbage coaches like Kelly were let go

Back to the top

owlmart said

Dinger said

Are you new to FAU football?  Not being funny, but we've gone through probably 10 DC over the last dozen years, and it's not because they are leaving for better jobs.  I have no desire to have another DC search right now

Well-I’m sure the school will greatly consider that YOU have no desire to have another DC search. Taggart is the HC, you don’t hire a HC and then force a staff on him, you might be new to football though, so I don’t know if you know that. I noted above that Spencer had been good. EVERY partridge made was amateur hour, so you can exclude Roc and the like, kiffin AND Taggart exist in a different stratosphere than Pelini and Partridge. 

You asked "Why is everyone on here acting like Glenn Spencer is an in prime dick lebeau?" and I told you my thoughts.  Your response is a totally different topic.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 4:47 PM #392327

You were actually just an incorrect sarcastic douche. But I’m sure jerks like you will do a lot to help “grow the fanbase”. 
Back to the top

In my opinion, finishing 8th or 14th doesn’t mean they were a great team or even a really good team. Teams ranked 8-14 generally have absolutely NO chance at beating the elite teams when push comes to shove. You can argue that they’re a good team in 2015-2016 but they would’ve gotten demolished by Alabama, OSU those years. Forget about the unranked years of 2017-2019. FSU was in decline in 2015-2016 when you say they weren’t. Those years 15-16 they still would’ve gotten blown out by elite teams. They were a step below elite teams. By 2017 they were a joke. Basically Taggart came into a joke
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

In my opinion, finishing 8th or 14th doesn’t mean they were a great team or even a really good team. Teams ranked 8-14 generally have absolutely NO chance at beating the elite teams when push comes to shove. You can argue that they’re a good team in 2015-2016 but they would’ve gotten demolished by Alabama, OSU those years. Forget about the unranked years of 2017-2019. FSU was in decline in 2015-2016 when you say they weren’t. Those years 15-16 they still would’ve gotten blown out by elite teams. They were a step below elite teams. By 2017 they were a joke. Basically Taggart came into a joke
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 5:11 PM #392330

And somehow made them worse.  
Back to the top

Dinger said

owlmart said

Dinger said

You were actually just an incorrect sarcastic douche. But I’m sure jerks like you will do a lot to help “grow the fanbase”. 
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 5:05 PM #392329

I just want what’s best for FAU, no need to resort to name calling, yikes!
Back to the top

owlmart said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 6:01 PM #392332

Attention Owlmart shoppers, the thread will be closing in two minutes.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Dinger said

owlmart said

Dinger said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 5:05 PM #392329

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 6:01 PM #392332

get over yourself. you were and ARE trying to be a jerk, but now you're playing victim. Nice try-keep wondering why the stands are empty, PAL
Back to the top
Control functions: