Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart to Become the Next FAU Football Head Coach

Dinger said

Lol-I absolutely own my words. I called your bot EXACTLY what he was being. Get over yourself. Logging out-ya ran off another one. Good work team!
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 7:02 PM #392344

It's my fault for warning you since you called someone a douche because they asked if you were a new fan?

Not coming back because of that?

Sure thing.

Take care.

Back to the top

Jgf…that made me laugh. Voss…exactly correct. Rick….keep doing the right thing. You are as fair as anyone I've met.
Back to the top

Theres been a lot of negativity. How about this. Im all in on this hire. We hired a guy that 1) is a family man 2) plays by the rules 3) great leader of men on and off the field. But the most important is that I think hes a great football coach and the best coach available. Thats what I think
Back to the top

Sounds totally reasonable. I feel exactly the same way. Time will tell if I'm wrong. Ps, I've been wrong. many times and everything is still o.k.. This is football. Way more important stuff.
Back to the top

The more I read about Taggart the more excited I get. The players seem to like him and he knows this recruiting landscape well.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Looks like we talked with him a couple years ago and Kentucky signed him. He left and went to a CC in Miss.

Kentucky Football: 2 players depart UK’s roster - A Sea Of Blue

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Any other exciting players that we're going after? I hope we can keep what we have and pick up another player or two before Wednesday
Back to the top

voss749 said

SeminOwl28 said

jgf2017 said

FSU went from playoff appearances (and of course the 2013 nc), but if you dont think finishing 2015 ranked 14th, 2016 8th ranked, and of course 2017 unranked, proves that FSU is a program on the decline by the time Taggart got there, then You are in serious denial. Things like FSUs regression happen all the time. What makes FSU so lucky to be different than the Nebraskas of the world. Delusional super fans. Cmon for real. Playoffs 2013-2014, then steadily trending down. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize FSUs in trouble. If I were a betting man Id go all in on FSU not sniffing a NC next decade
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 4:41 PM #392326

Speaking of a high standard …

Alabama and Ohio State programs arent normal. I'd say it's a pretty darn good year to go to the orange bowl and beat a program like.michigan.

Jimbo had them in new year's 6 like bowl games from 2012-2016.  Pretty damn good.  2017 was horrendous.  Willie took over and had them worse both years.  Only reason FSU went 6-6 this year was dumping him.  No way does FSU beat bc with Willie.  Briles was able to actually run tbe offense and garbage coaches like Kelly were let go

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 5:01 PM #392328

Jimbo had a national championship year then a steady downhill slide both talent-wise and morals wise. Taggart was not ready to handle a p5 program but hes shown that he's more than capable of coaching programs in the American or CUSA. I dont have kiffin level expectations of taggart noone should but I think he will do fine.

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 7:29 PM #392346

If Taggart wasnt ready for a P5 program at FSU, what was he doing at Oregon?
Back to the top
Control functions: