Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart to Become the Next FAU Football Head Coach

I like the fact that there was a sense of urgency and the position was filled quickly ...
Back to the top

I just don't think this was the right move. We'll all know it wasn't the right move if Glenn Spencer isn't our DC next year. If he stays, hopefully he's getting a nice pay raise because he deserves one.

It's been mentioned Willie inherited a shiteshow at FSU. With all that talent playing in a weak ACC, he still wasn't able to right the ship. That doesn't speak well for him so needless to say I'm a little concerned. LK inherited a perennial 3-9 team, in one year he won 11 games. Obviously year 2 was a let down but he also lost 4 or 5 coaches.

I'd almost prefer WT doesn't coach in the bowl game. God forbid if we get blown out. It will be a long off-season….knowing WT has a 5 year contract.

Its public knowledge the guy was fired for failing miserably at his job. 6 weeks later we hire him to do the same job making 6 or 7 figures that he just failed at. Doesn't make sense to me.

Here's another concern, this is his 5th HC job in 9 years. Okay, LK has the same issue but I would argue with better results, he won. LK's USC team (IMO) was more of a cluster than FSU. WT wasn't down over 30 scholarships at FSU.

Only time will tell and there's no turning back now. So best of Luck WT, you have my support (reluctantly)!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Only time will tell and there's no turning back now. So best of Luck WT, you have my support (reluctantly)!

Go Owls!

Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 8:39 PM #392186

It’s the only thing that matters at this point if you are an Owl.  All of our concerns might be justified and proven correct over the coming years but he is our head coach.  Save your comments and point to them if it turns our poorly but let’s get behind him for 2020.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

I just don't think this was the right move. We'll all know it wasn't the right move if Glenn Spencer isn't our DC next year….

With all that talent playing in a weak ACC, he still wasn't able to right the ship. That doesn't speak well for him so needless to say I'm a little concerned. LK inherited a perennial 3-9 team, in one year he won 11 games. Obviously year 2 was a let down but he also lost 4 or 5 coaches. 
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 8:39 PM #392186

I really hope he keeps Spencer  and that he wants to stay. He deserves a raise too!

I have to say, when Lane came in he came from a winning program and that brought the team a winning mentality. It’s almost like the program took on Lanes persona. It didn’t matter that we were 3-9 yearly with LK at the helm.  We have to be excited for this hire, WT is going to do well, but he needs our support. Go Owls! 
Back to the top

We have…

$70,000,000 amazing stadium
$80,000,000 new facilities
2 CUSA championships 
A roster returning a ton of talent, including a QB with 2 years eligibility with all conference talent.
Our 2nd nationally known HC in 3 years.

What we don’t have…
Fans that know how to support the program 

Willie has NEVER taken over a program in good shape.  Not ever.

Let’s choose to support our leadership who hired him and has worked so hard and put football as a priority.  If you can’t find reasons to back Willie, back PK and Brian White…they deserve our support.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Having a well known new coach with a strong connection to Florida might help us hold on to some of the commitments we currently have. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Having a well known new coach with a strong connection to Florida might help us hold on to some of the commitments we currently have. 

Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 9:20 PM #392190

Never know, maybe get some new ones as well?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

FAU Hiring Taggart has been the top story on ESPN.com for hours. Not it's 2nd. It sounds crazy, but even things like this get thousands of people to know who we are. Can you believe that us being a top story is an ongoing thing for 3 full years now. After being really upset, to being kind of upset and still worried, I'm now happy with the hire. Like Walty said, he's never gone to a good team. FSU he was walking into a nightmare. I would love for him to hire Briles at OC. Shockingly, Briles' 1 year at FSU hurt his profile so much he's now a half million a year G5 OC again it seems. Take him.
Back to the top

Lots of negative comments on Facebook. As I recall there were plenty of negative comments about Kiffin when it was announced. 
My take on this is we are all arm chair quarter backs. We don’t know what White knows. What’s done is done. Let’s trust the AD and see how this works out. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

a lot of people are upset at the hiring of coach Taggart and I have to admit it’s not my first choice but I’m still going to the games because they are my team no matter who the coach is.
Back to the top
Control functions: