Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart Introductory Press Conference

Love to see this. Something that Lane lacked was community involvement, especially on campus. Willie flat out mentioned his desire to interact with students without being asked.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Did he say anything about keeping Glenn Spencer. We need him here lollll
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Love to see this. Something that Lane lacked was community involvement, especially on campus. Willie flat out mentioned his desire to interact with students without being asked.

Posted On: Dec 12th 2019, 4:51 PM #392238

Sounds like Willie has been doing some reading on the OwlsNest. He said what we've been wanting to hear from our coach and is excited about our school and program! I've been slowly changing my tune on this hire the past 24 hours.
Back to the top

Here's official word on Taggart's plans for this week and the Boca Bowl.

Back to the top

Sounds like Coach Taggart is already hitting the ground running on selling the program…

Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Did he say anything about keeping Glenn Spencer. We need him here lollll
Posted On: Dec 12th 2019, 4:55 PM #392239

As said that Glenn Spencer will coach through the Boca Bowl as Taggart evaluates the staff. He later said that he plans on building an impressive support staff so the players can reach their highest potential. One has to think that begins and ends with Coach Spencer.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Here's official word on Taggart's plans for this week and the Boca Bowl.

Posted On: Dec 12th 2019, 5:05 PM #392241

This. Is. How. It. Works. ALWAYS! Newly hired coaches don’t coach bowl games. Never have. He is the coach for NEXT season
Back to the top

He seemed to really push to get Leavitt to FSU even though he was "only" an analyst (ironically he become an on-field coach after Taggart was fired).  So there is a bond there.  I love what Spencer did - the change in the defense and the maturity of Robison is what turned those 2018 losses into blow-out wins in 2019.  But coaches bring "their guys" in all the time.  I would be very happy if Spencer is retained, but Leavitt would be a strong consolation prize!

He has won press conferences before, but like several others have said Taggart as our new head man is sinking in and becoming something I am getting more excited about now.
Back to the top

Once Taggart said conference championships aren’t enough he wants to win the whole thing, he’s got a fan for life!!!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

He seemed to really push to get Leavitt to FSU even though he was "only" an analyst (ironically he become an on-field coach after Taggart was fired).  So there is a bond there.  I love what Spencer did - the change in the defense and the maturity of Robison is what turned those 2018 losses into blow-out wins in 2019.  But coaches bring "their guys" in all the time.  I would be very happy if Spencer is retained, but Leavitt would be a strong consolation prize!

He has won press conferences before, but like several others have said Taggart as our new head man is sinking in and becoming something I am getting more excited about now.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2019, 5:25 PM #392245

Why fix what ain't broke? We had the best defense in the conference and arguably one of the top defenses in the country (stat wise).  

The team needs some continuity. I think that begins with Glenn Spencer. No reason to play games.

I'm struggling with supporting Coach as it is. Letting Glenn go would be hard to swallow.
Back to the top
Control functions: