Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WR Woods Arrested; Suspended

I agree. walk away, but losing Solomon wont hurt as bad as losing Woods. Losing your scholarship and possibly your freedom is not worth it over a pick up basketball game, after everything you worked so hard for. But hey I was his age once, and I could have done the same thing, but I would have been punished for it, and justifiably so. While we are now without some of veteran leadership at the receiver position, I will wait till fall camp before making my decision where we stand as a offense.

Now going on to the whole protest over National Anthem and such. I served as many of you know, so the American Flag and National Anthem mean a whole lot to me. Kap while I understand the reasons why he protested chose the wrong avenue and approached to do it. He said the it was not about the service men and women but in actually the National Anthem is. It was written during the War of 1812 during the Battle of Ft. McHenry in Baltimore as they defended the city against the British. That anthem reminds us of the sacrifices that people who wear the uniform make for our country. The flag is draped over the coffins of the bodies of men and women who didn't make it home from the war, it covers the coffins of first responders. The flag doesn't see black, or white, Hispanic or Asian, male or female. They paid the ultimate sacrifice for your freedoms, so you want to protest, go ahead and protest, but do it in a way that other athletes have handled it. There was a professional baseball player who wanted to protest the war in Iraq and didn't want to be on the field during the singing of God Bless America, you know what he did, he waited in the dugout until the song was finished. His quote was, "It's not about the soldiers, but my opposition to the war." People gave their opinions but they respected his right to hold his protest out of the sight of many people. But hey I am just a 8 year veteran of the US Marine Corps along with being a veteran of the War on Terror, and in Iraq, so what do I know. Have a great night everyone.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

How do you think , if at all, this will affect  the over/under win total ?
Posted On: Jul 1st 2017, 2:48 PM #369327

Eh. Prob not much. Between our RBs and Deandre johnson (who i still believe will emerge as the starter) the running game  will be the focal point. I think what we have now at wr will be enough.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

To Bad! said

owlmart said

dusky256fc said

I appears he will have plenty of time to not stand during the National Anthem with his family while watching FAU play on TV.    Opportunity…gone.
Posted On: Jun 29th 2017, 2:44 PM #369295
I don't remember him or any player not standing for the National Anthem last year.

As far as the video, not a good look, he won't be back.

Posted On: Jun 29th 2017, 8:09 PM #369299

Then you never had the pleasure of sitting behind his family at a game before then.  And I know everyone has a right to protest, but when your kid/loved one/whatever is getting a scholarhip and you are surrounded by OSF donors do it somewhere else.
Posted On: Jun 30th 2017, 12:42 AM #369301

Really they have to protest in area that doesn't bother you? Yea protest are best done where no one who disagrees can see them because that's the point.

Also as for the tape they can not prove they his punch broke the jaw or that the victims did not say or push/ punch as well. Good attorney could also work that and the fact the victims are making videos of the recovery and they want attention. No one said criminal defense is pretty, buy hey  they are sending this to trial they just have to put doubt in 1 out 12 peoples mind. Sending it to trial could also be way to put pressure on the victims especially if they are asked to be put on the stand which puts a lot of pressure on someone.

Posted On: Jun 30th 2017, 9:53 AM #369304

Next now would be a grand jury to determine if the arrest is warranted and to proceed with a trial, am I correct. That is if it is not pleaded down before then
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Woods will probably plea down to a lower charge. But that will be after he misses the season. HE GONE.
Posted On: Jun 30th 2017, 4:16 PM #369312

I don't picture it taking that long. Again, look at Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma and the SCORES of other incidents kid's get themselves into every year and the charge usually gets reduced with a plea deal, the kid sits out a game or so and on with their football life. Of course they have to deal with consoling and CS and fines but….
Back to the top

@LawOwl..I agree. Although it is a major hit, I think that just gives the next guy the chance to step up. Pico Harrison should fill in nicely. I also think Solomon may be back. This will be a very unique FAU offense. One that we have not seen in a few years. Woods will be missed, but I think Briles will just fill in that spot with the next guy in line. No major changes.
Back to the top

People have every right to call this young man or his family out for not supporting the pledge of allegiance. At the same time, he and his family have every right to not pledge if they so choose, and simply get the criticism they are getting on this board for failing to do so. Period.

Anyway, this is a big loss. We have to hope McNeal comes in as good as advertised, but this will really hurt.
Back to the top

d-owl said

People have every right to call this young man or his family out for not supporting the pledge of allegiance. At the same time, he and his family have every right to not pledge if they so choose, and simply get the criticism they are getting on this board for failing to do so. Period.

Anyway, this is a big loss. We have to hope McNeal comes in as good as advertised, but this will really hurt.

Posted On: Jul 2nd 2017, 11:49 AM #369335

Is he even on campus yet? or any of the other jucos for that matter?! I feel like over time I've heard tyrek tisdale, ernest bagner, Tim bonner, and d'anfernee mcgriff are on campus. 
Back to the top

No on McNeal… 
Back to the top

Rick said

No on McNeal… 
Posted On: Jul 2nd 2017, 10:18 PM #369342

Rick, say it ain't so..
Back to the top

Now this is the FAU football I know.
Back to the top
Control functions: