Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WR Woods Arrested; Suspended

I was just answering as to whether he was on campus...nothing more!
Back to the top

Rick said

I was just answering as to whether he was on campus…nothing more!

Posted On: Jul 3rd 2017, 8:34 AM #369346

Everyone is so fatalistic!  Take a chill pill.  Looking at McNeal's twitter (he doesn't post often, but yesterday he did) it looks like he expects to be here.  If he isn't here in August, then be disappointed.  Otherwise, just relax.
Back to the top

There are no defectors/losses yet….everyone is still expected but some are in class now at other institutions to finish out required work. 
Back to the top

Rick said

There are no defectors/losses yet….everyone is still expected but some are in class now at other institutions to finish out required work.

Posted On: Jul 3rd 2017, 11:48 AM #369349

I didn't mean to stir anything up by asking, I was just trying to see if anyone had any idea of who made it to campus already, who has yet to, or who may already be counted out. I normally don't worry about which players MAKE it to FAU in the offseason since it's usually just one, but the Jucos are a whole other story. 
Back to the top

Jucos said

Rick said

Posted On: Jul 3rd 2017, 11:48 AM #369349

I didn't mean to stir anything up by asking, I was just trying to see if anyone had any idea of who made it to campus already, who has yet to, or who may already be counted out. I normally don't worry about which players MAKE it to FAU in the offseason since it's usually just one, but the Jucos are a whole other story. 
Posted On: Jul 3rd 2017, 6:07 PM #369350

And ESPECIALLY with the WR position situation right now!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Now this is the FAU football I know.
Posted On: Jul 3rd 2017, 5:44 AM #369344

lol

Back to the top

What is the legal situation with Woods and Solomon? Has Woods had a preliminary hearing yet? Is Solomon even charged with a crime? Thought that was to be in July but very well could be wrong.

Just read several stories on pro (Tiger)and college athletes having charges reduced and pleading to CS and fines and such for much worse thing than a fight (even if he started it - if he did, or was he provoked?).
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

What is the legal situation with Woods and Solomon? Has Woods had a preliminary hearing yet? Is Solomon even charged with a crime? Thought that was to be in July but very well could be wrong.

Just read several stories on pro (Tiger)and college athletes having charges reduced and pleading to CS and fines and such for much worse thing than a fight (even if he started it - if he did, or was he provoked?).

Posted On: Aug 9th 2017, 2:06 PM #369817

Their college careers are over.  If they were freshman or sophomores they would get this resolved and get a second chance somewhere else.  But these guys were seniors.  They wasted their senior eligibility with having to deal with assault charges.

And for that guy out there (I won't say his name, he should go root for Keiser College and GSU)  who said they were kicked off the team for a simple bar fight, breaking a guys jaw and causing internal bleeding in another victim goes way above the definition of a simple bar fight.  Hopefully a lesson for other young people out there to learn from.
Back to the top

You seem to have some inside information "guest." Please enlighten us.  I thought only one was charged.  There are guys on this team and even coaches who have been involved in questionable acts themselves and seem to be doing well at FAU. So are they really done?
Back to the top

owl in training said

You seem to have some inside information "guest." Please enlighten us.  I thought only one was charged.  There are guys on this team and even coaches who have been involved in questionable acts themselves and seem to be doing well at FAU. So are they really done?

Posted On: Aug 9th 2017, 2:47 PM #369821

No inside info, but Woods is not on the roster and has a no trespass order against him on campus.  Justice system is slow; classes are going to start and he's not allowed on campus.  Career over.  Solomon- not on the roster and classes are starting.  Once those classes start its over.  But for full disclosure I am not aware of him being charged.  He's just not on the roster.  Not a good sign.
Back to the top
Control functions: