Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WR Woods Arrested; Suspended

I also have no inside info, but I know you don't have to be charged with anything to be thrown out of school and off the team.  If a Frat was seen on video doing the same thing, they would probably be shut down.

Ask Lucky Whitehead about not being charged and fired from your job. Life is hard sometimes.

I do know they have added about 35 players since Spring and many need scholarships.  

Does anyone think they will save scholarships for players caught fighting in nightclubs (whether they are innocent, guilty, justified, or not) when they are desperate for scholarships for players who transferred here who want to win football games?

Let's Go Owls!
Back to the top

According to the Palm Beach County court documents, Woods attorney filed a motion to dismiss the charges last Wednesday August 9th, and the judge granted the motion today (14th) at the subsequent hearing.

However, the next status check hearing is not until October 16th.

Kicking this to LawOwl for feedback…
Back to the top

Sounds like it goes to prove that there was more to it than what was seen on that short video which unfortunately that other " journalist" keeps posting and saturating social media with.  Too bad these guys had to be considered guilty in the court of public opinion without all of the facts.  Guess that's life.  

I see other schools who's athletes are committing DUIs, sexual assaults, drug infractions and they don't seem to get as much ridicule as Woods and Solomon by our small community.  Bet a lot of you who were writing them off were also cheering Solomon on Saturday, if you were to be honest.  

Wishing the best for Woods on his case and his future.  
Back to the top

Rick said

According to the Palm Beach County court documents, Woods attorney filed a motion to dismiss the charges last Wednesday August 9th, and the judge granted the motion today (14th) at the subsequent hearing.

Posted On: Aug 14th 2017, 12:48 PM #369907

This sounds procedural; otherwise why would their be a status hearing in October.  As for cheering for Solomon on Saturday I was not.  It's not public opinion when you watch a video of someone doing vile things.  Unless someone definitely says it wasn't him or Woods then they did what the video showed.  There was no physical provocation by the victims.  IF the victims said something, nothing justified the physical violence that they endured from the these two individuals.

My guess with Solomon is he threatened legal action and the University relented.

Just because other schools let their athletes slide for DUI's and sexual assault doesn't mean we have to.  Too many second chances for serious indiscretions.
Back to the top

I am not an attorney but I play one on forums said

Rick said

This sounds procedural; otherwise why would their be a status hearing in October.  As for cheering for Solomon on Saturday I was not.  It's not public opinion when you watch a video of someone doing vile things.  Unless someone definitely says it wasn't him or Woods then they did what the video showed.  There was no physical provocation by the victims.  IF the victims said something, nothing justified the physical violence that they endured from the these two individuals.

My guess with Solomon is he threatened legal action and the University relented.

Just because other schools let their athletes slide for DUI's and sexual assault doesn't mean we have to.  Too many second chances for serious indiscretions.
Posted On: Aug 14th 2017, 1:55 PM #369910

C'mon guys!

Now I am non violent as they come but what happened at that club was VERY STUPID but I still don't think criminal.

I have seen lots worse fights with nothing happening to anyone but going their own ways with hopefully whatever score settled and finished with. As far a banning from campus, that I don't get since it happened OFF campus when school was CLOSED. Who has NOT either been in one or known of a fight that happened because of a grudge at school that you saw taken off campus (AKA high school usually) to resolve privately so as to NOT get suspended from school. And unless there were other serious threats made afterwards, why a ban from campus - basically a restraining order?

I still say he gets all of it either dismissed (already has? - granting a motion to dismiss USUALLY means THAT!) or pleads down and continues his life with appropriate punishments (can be sued civil court as well and probably will be!), and hopefully his education (maybe even football - senior year) with anger management thrown in mandatory!

Just my thoughts. To me it was a fight OFF campus over a STUPID grudge. Sucker punched, yes, but EVERY FIGHT STARTS WITH A FIRST PUNCH, MOST TIMES UNANNOUNED!!!!
Back to the top

I am not an attorney but I play one on forums said

Rick said

Posted On: Aug 14th 2017, 1:55 PM #369910

I would hate to be friends with you. If your teammate/friend in an altercation, and you would not help him out. I guess no 18-22 year old can make a mistake. Especially since no charges were ever filed against Solomon I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Back to the top

This is far from helping a friend in an innocent altercation, this was two guys ATTACKING to unexpecting victims.  No animated conversation, then a shove and then fist thrown.  This was two guys old enough to know better going up a knocking the hell out of two defenseless people then stomping on them on the ground.  This last part is where it goes beyond a simple bar fight.  A WIRED JAW WITH HOSPITAL STAY and INTERNAL BLEEDING on the second victim.  It escalated way beyond boys will be boys scenario.

I have been in altercations, nothing ever rose to the level of assault that Woods is alleged to be involved in.  He's a scholarship (was) athlete which means as part of accepting his scholarship he had a code of conduct to follow.  Which he did not, therefore banned from campus.  Make good choices in life, these things can be avoided especially when you have A LOT to lose.  I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who are given much.  A lot of more well deserving LAW ABIDING citizens out there.

Just because some other schools don't care about influencing lives positively (Baylor, Oklahoma) doesn't mean we have to give a free pass when someone messes up this severely.  Hope he gets it resolved and corrects his life going forward.  A BASKETBALL FOUL!  LMAO.  Big Dummy.
Back to the top

Dear fake lawyer,
how do you know?  Where you there?  So, again, you're basing your opinion off of a short video?  Let's talk about it.  Seemed like there were more involved.  But hey…guest in all his righteousness has formed his opinion.  I sure would hate to be in a dark alley with him being attacked and he's my friend/teammate.  

We are FAU fans and we're welcoming coaches and other student athletes who have been kicked off of other teams yet we sit here condemning our own without burden of proof.
Back to the top

I think if he were to be convicted or plead guilty then fine, kick him out of school. But if the law drops the charges or agrees to accept a plea to lesser charges than we deal with it as he IS one of OUR Owl family.  But we also require him to get some help!

As said, we are welcoming in Coaches and players who have gotten in trouble with other schools and paid their price, why judge this young man worse if not convicted or pleads guilty?
Back to the top

I personally have NEVER done anything wrong. But if at the age of 18-22 years old, I messed up and did, I hope I have some adults around me to straighten me out, kick my butt, forgive me , and give me a second chance. I would really hate for a kids future to be ruined over a dumb ars fight. And this has nothing to do with FAU or the team. I hope this gets cleared up for his sake and his future.
Back to the top
Control functions: