Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WR Woods Arrested; Suspended

owl in training said

Dear fake lawyer,
how do you know?  Where you there?  So, again, you're basing your opinion off of a short video?  Let's talk about it.  Seemed like there were more involved.  But hey…guest in all his righteousness has formed his opinion.  I sure would hate to be in a dark alley with him being attacked and he's my friend/teammate.

We are FAU fans and we're welcoming coaches and other student athletes who have been kicked off of other teams yet we sit here condemning our own without burden of proof.

Posted On: Aug 14th 2017, 3:36 PM #369916

If a friend gets attacked in a dark alley I am there DEFENDING.  If you are my friend and you want to go assault someone and say want to help I will say NO.  I am a bad friend, I am such a bad friend I will try to talk him out of it and try to get my ding dong friend to forget about a stupid foul in a pickup basketball game.

I am not righteous watching a video.  Just like a jury may do.  This doesn't sound over.
Back to the top

I am not a lawyer but i play one online said

owl in training said

Dear fake lawyer,
how do you know?  Where you there?  So, again, you're basing your opinion off of a short video?  Let's talk about it.  Seemed like there were more involved.  But hey…guest in all his righteousness has formed his opinion.  I sure would hate to be in a dark alley with him being attacked and he's my friend/teammate.

We are FAU fans and we're welcoming coaches and other student athletes who have been kicked off of other teams yet we sit here condemning our own without burden of proof.

If a friend gets attacked in a dark alley I am there DEFENDING.  If you are my friend and you want to go assault someone and say want to help I will say NO.  I am a bad friend, I am such a bad friend I will try to talk him out of it and try to get my ding dong friend to forget about a stupid foul in a pickup basketball game.

I am not righteous watching a video.  Just like a jury may do.  This doesn't sound over.
Posted On: Aug 14th 2017, 4:12 PM #369920

Again, if a motion to dismiss is filed and the Judge grants that motion, does that not end it? At least criminally?
Back to the top

Sun Sentinel says that his house arrest has been dismissed.
Back to the top

I am not an attorney but I play one online said

Sun Sentinel says that his house arrest has been dismissed.
Posted On: Aug 14th 2017, 6:32 PM #369922

Well that explains the future court date. Thanks for the info!
Back to the top

I am not a lawyer but i play one online said

owl in training said

Dear fake lawyer,

Posted On: Aug 14th 2017, 4:12 PM #369920

Well you and Chuck King should go stand outside the president's office and demand more answers.
Back to the top

I don't need to go get more info from the President, I saw the video.  I am glad he's gone.
Back to the top

In my opinion - Woods needs to be suspended for at least the 2017 season.  There is the law, then there is the code of conduct for FAU student athletes.  Two entirely seperate things.  He doesn't have to be criminally convicted to face consequences as a student athlete.

"Kalib Woods is accused of breaking a man’s jaw and causing internal bleeding in another man during a fight at a party in January"

Anybody else see these kids he fought?  I did….c'mon man.  I find it incredibly tough to see Woods as the victim here.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

In my opinion - Woods needs to be suspended for at least the 2017 season.  There is the law, then there is the code of conduct for FAU student athletes.  Two entirely seperate things.  He doesn't have to be criminally convicted to face consequences as a student athlete.

"Kalib Woods is accused of breaking a man’s jaw and causing internal bleeding in another man during a fight at a party in January"

Anybody else see these kids he fought?  I did….c'mon man.  I find it incredibly tough to see Woods as the victim here.

Posted On: Aug 14th 2017, 11:06 PM #369927

+1  No way Woods is the victim.  His actions created this mess.  And he caused the repercussions, not the university.  Still hope it works out for him and he can get his life back in order, but in my opinion is college athletic career is over.
Back to the top

Good thing this conversation is about Solomon not woods. Just because you get in fight in lose it doesn't make you the victim. The victim said this was over a basketball foul, but that's his side of the story and I am sure he is playing victim as much as possible.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Good thing this conversation is about Solomon not woods. Just because you get in fight in lose it doesn't make you the victim. The victim said this was over a basketball foul, but that's his side of the story and I am sure he is playing victim as much as possible.

Posted On: Aug 15th 2017, 10:42 AM #369929

Watch the video, the VICTIMS went from a non-defensive stance to on the ground and then to the hospital.  Stop defending indefensible behavior.  The victims could have called his girlfriend or mother a bad name, none of the actions are justified on the video.  If it related to something else, their certainly enough time from whatever happen to the point he walked up to the VICTIMS to cool off or for one of his not so good friends to tell him to forget about and get his BUTT out of there.  Therefore avoiding the problem.  Woods lets himself down and his team.  Hopefully he gets a second chance (i.e. not going to jail).  But he doesn't deserve a second chance on the football field at FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: