Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018-19 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule

2018-19 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule
Back to the top

“With such a young team, we feel that playing a challenging non-conference schedule will allow us to see where we are early in the season,” said May. “We have several competitive games at the Burrow which will allow us to start the process of building the best home court advantage in C-USA.”

FAU will host crosstown opponent Lynn for an exhibition on Saturday, Oct. 27. May will officially begin his head coaching career on Wednesday, Nov. 7 when the Owls host their regular season opener.  FAU will spend Veterans’ Day, Nov. 11, in Orlando playing UCF. Starting on Friday, Nov. 16, through Sunday, Nov. 18, the Owls will take part in the Islands of the Bahamas Showcase. Georgia Southern, Montana, North Dakota State, Incarnate Word, Pepperdine, Miami (OH) and Towson will also be in the Bahamas for the weekend.  

Upon returning home, FAU will remain in the Sunshine State for almost a month, with a home game against Palm Beach Atlantic (Nov. 21, 7 p.m.) that is also part of the Islands of the Bahamas Showcase, before hosting Florida Gulf Coast (Nov. 25, 3 p.m.) and Mercer (Dec. 5, 7 p.m.). FAU’s only road game during that time is at Bethune-Cookman on Saturday, December 1.

After traveling to Arkansas State on December 14, the Owls will host another home game on Wednesday, Dec. 19. FAU will close out 2018 with a pair of road games against Power 5 opponents, facing the University of Miami of the ACC on December 22 and playing at Big Ten foe Illinois on December 29.

The Owls will open Conference USA play on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019 at UAB, followed by a game at Middle Tennessee on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019. FAU will open its C-USA home schedule against Old Dominion at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019 then hosting Charlotte on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019 scheduled for a 4 p.m. tipoff.

FAU will face rival FIU in a home-and-home, playing in Boca Raton on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019 then will travel to Miami for a rematch the following Saturday.

Home games against North Texas (Feb.14, 2019, 7 p.m.) and Rice (Feb. 16, 2019, 4 p.m.) will round out the predetermined portion of the conference schedule. The final four games of the C-USA will be based upon seeding after the first 14 games. Dates have been announced, with opponents and location to be determined.

“We are optimistic that the new scheduling format will help (C-USA’s) metrics and move closer to becoming a multiple bid league,” noted May. “The league will be ultra-competitive this season and we look forward to battling through a difficult conference slate.”

The 2019 C-USA Basketball Tournament will take place in Frisco, Texas, from Wednesday, March 13 through Saturday, March 16.
Back to the top

GREAT!!!! At Illinois!! An hour away. I'll be there with FAU sweatshirt and hat. There is another guy living in Champaign/Urbana that played for FAU. Craig Buchanan I think his name is. I wonder if he will make it.
This will be my first FAU basketball game in person.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top