Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018-19 FAU Men's Basketball Discussion Thread

Add topic

2018-19 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule

TV Schedule

·           Dec. 22 – at Miami, ACC Extra
·           Dec. 29 – at Illinois, B10 Plus
·           Jan. 3 – at UAB, ESPN3
·           Jan. 5 – at Middle Tennessee, ESPN3
·           Jan. 10 – vs. Old Dominion, ESPN3
·           Jan. 17 – at Marshall, ESPN3
·           Jan. 19 – at WKU, Stadium via Facebook
·           Feb. 14 – vs. North Texas, ESPN3
Back to the top

“With such a young team, we feel that playing a challenging non-conference schedule will allow us to see where we are early in the season,” said May. “We have several competitive games at the Burrow which will allow us to start the process of building the best home court advantage in C-USA.”

FAU will host crosstown opponent Lynn for an exhibition on Saturday, Oct. 27. May will officially begin his head coaching career on Wednesday, Nov. 7 when the Owls host their regular season opener.  FAU will spend Veterans’ Day, Nov. 11, in Orlando playing UCF. Starting on Friday, Nov. 16, through Sunday, Nov. 18, the Owls will take part in the Islands of the Bahamas Showcase. Georgia Southern, Montana, North Dakota State, Incarnate Word, Pepperdine, Miami (OH) and Towson will also be in the Bahamas for the weekend.  

Upon returning home, FAU will remain in the Sunshine State for almost a month, with a home game against Palm Beach Atlantic (Nov. 21, 7 p.m.) that is also part of the Islands of the Bahamas Showcase, before hosting Florida Gulf Coast (Nov. 25, 3 p.m.) and Mercer (Dec. 5, 7 p.m.). FAU’s only road game during that time is at Bethune-Cookman on Saturday, December 1.

After traveling to Arkansas State on December 14, the Owls will host another home game on Wednesday, Dec. 19. FAU will close out 2018 with a pair of road games against Power 5 opponents, facing the University of Miami of the ACC on December 22 and playing at Big Ten foe Illinois on December 29.

The Owls will open Conference USA play on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019 at UAB, followed by a game at Middle Tennessee on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019. FAU will open its C-USA home schedule against Old Dominion at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019 then hosting Charlotte on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019 scheduled for a 4 p.m. tipoff.

FAU will face rival FIU in a home-and-home, playing in Boca Raton on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019 then will travel to Miami for a rematch the following Saturday.

Home games against North Texas (Feb.14, 2019, 7 p.m.) and Rice (Feb. 16, 2019, 4 p.m.) will round out the predetermined portion of the conference schedule. The final four games of the C-USA will be based upon seeding after the first 14 games. Dates have been announced, with opponents and location to be determined.

“We are optimistic that the new scheduling format will help (C-USA’s) metrics and move closer to becoming a multiple bid league,” noted May. “The league will be ultra-competitive this season and we look forward to battling through a difficult conference slate.”

The 2019 C-USA Basketball Tournament will take place in Frisco, Texas, from Wednesday, March 13 through Saturday, March 16.
Back to the top

GREAT!!!! At Illinois!! An hour away. I'll be there with FAU sweatshirt and hat. There is another guy living in Champaign/Urbana that played for FAU. Craig Buchanan I think his name is. I wonder if he will make it.
This will be my first FAU basketball game in person.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The Owls dropped an exhibition contest against Lynn today 92-87 at FAU Arena.

Here's the Box:

Five straight points gave Lynn a 81-73 lead with 1:29 left in the contest. The Owls pulled to within three, 90-87, with five seconds left, but the Knights were able to avoid being fouled and a breakaway dunk accounted for the final score.

"A little disappointed that we didn't play better", said Head Coach Dusty May. "I thought we played like a young team with everyone in new roles that we weren't that familiar with, but we have a lot to learn and grow from in this game, which is what you want out of an exhibition."

Florida Atlantic will officially kick off their 2018-19 regular season at home against Florida Tech on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 7:00 PM.

Back to the top

I know it's just an exhibition, but this can't be good.
Back to the top

owlmart said

I know it's just an exhibition, but this can't be good.
Posted On: Oct 28th 2018, 4:14 PM #382655

There are 12 new players, who haven't played with each other…but given what we did offensively before, ill take 87 points.

Better start playing some damn d though!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Cool to see an Owl get 30, but he was the only guy in double-digits (where Lynn had 5 guys with 10 or more).  FAU had several pretty close, and I agree 87 is good offense.  But they lost to Lynn while letting them shoot nearly 54% from the floor!!!
Back to the top

Rick said

The Owls dropped an exhibition contest against Lynn today 92-87 at FAU Arena.

Here's the Box:

Five straight points gave Lynn a 81-73 lead with 1:29 left in the contest. The Owls pulled to within three, 90-87, with five seconds left, but the Knights were able to avoid being fouled and a breakaway dunk accounted for the final score.

"A little disappointed that we didn't play better", said Head Coach Dusty May. "I thought we played like a young team with everyone in new roles that we weren't that familiar with, but we have a lot to learn and grow from in this game, which is what you want out of an exhibition."

Florida Atlantic will officially kick off their 2018-19 regular season at home against Florida Tech on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 7:00 PM.

Posted On: Oct 27th 2018, 9:10 PM #382627

I was at the game yesterday. Many new players for the Owls. I see some potential here as time goes on. The foul situation on both sides was high, but maybe over done by the refs.
Back to the top

I was at the game too.  My concern is that the two teams looked pretty evenly matched.  FAU has very little inside presence; basically a perimeter oriented team.  And, the three point shooting was not very good.  May be a long season. 
Back to the top

dore95 said

I was at the game too.  My concern is that the two teams looked pretty evenly matched.  FAU has very little inside presence; basically a perimeter oriented team.  And, the three point shooting was not very good.  May be a long season. 

Posted On: Oct 29th 2018, 7:43 AM #382672

I really want Ingram to establish himself as a stronger inside presence. He plays more of a finesse-style PF but he is going to be the most experienced big man on the team. He's going to have to diversify his game.

Moreover, this season's growing pains will force us to take note how solid of a center Delph was. We are going to miss his services in the paint.

I was REALLY impressed with Adger's play. I would've like more apples for the team's starting point man, but when was the last time we had a PG put up 30 points? Did Ray Taylor even do that?

Micheal Forrest played like a true freshman in hsi first collegiate game, but the talent is clearly there. It will be exciting to watching him grow at his home town university.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: