Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2007-08 schedule officially released

Add topic

I'm not calling a lock by any means, all I'm saying is the talent is there to win every game but Kansas.
I was at the Marist game last year. We had a bench of seven guys and were done by the second half. We were winning at the end of the first half. Also Marist was a better team then URI last year.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Every single game on this schedule is winnable except Kansas. URI is okay but not great. BC is having a rebuilding year and will totally be beatable. USF is 100% beatable. There's not one team besides we can have an execuse to lose to.

Yeah, I was wondering how good BC was because I thought they were a big/decent basketball school…

I understand why Kansas is on there…

I guess closer to Dec.1st we'll know how we're going to do at our first home game.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

then comes conference play… no guarantees in ANY conference games…
i see anywhere from 2-4 seed in the belt tournament
GO OWLS

WKU is obviously the obstacle in basketball.

FIU played well last year… I mean, sure we wiped them out three times and that's excellent but in the tournament game it came damn close…

so you never know.

I'm relatively new to college basketball but I was following the Sweet 16 last year so could someone explain to me if it's possible (not probable, possible) for FAU to make it into the Sweet 16? I believe it is. Who went from the Sun Belt last year? UNT?
Back to the top

apetbrown said

I hope this team comes out and puts together a magical year. I think more than the football team it will be the basketball team that gets students more interested in FAU sports, as that happens they'll move to the football team as well. Anyways, looks for a competetive schedule with some big names on there I like it.

Basketball took off at the end of last year… although some people contend it was because of the tournament games, not because of a general enjoyment of FAU basketball.

I disagree because I think the Rowdy Rexes (And to a lesser extent, the prOWLers) helped to jumpstart an atmosphere where it was a lot of fun to bitch out the other team and love your school. It was just FUN to go to the games, no matter whether we played a big name or not.

Just wish we had a professional, 10-seat arena but one thing at a time.
Back to the top

although we lose Rice will have more continuity this year plus monroe, graham and parmer will have played together for a year. Nwoji will be the first point guard we've had in a long time and Sammy will bring some muscle to back up monroe down low.

Graham will get open shots and the ability to drive with the force down low, nwoji will be able to open up the court for us and parmer should get some easy baskets.

And this is without Perkins, Royster, Owens and Hugley being unproven and hopefully contributing positively.

Simmons should provide some leadership and get some good minutes.

Kone, Alacorn and Kuka will ride the bench unless they decide to step up and play.

I hope that parmer steps up this year, he has the most talent but is such a wimp on the court. If Parmer could really step up we could have an insane team. And beat everyone.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

dusky256fc said

We need to pack the arena for the first home game.

I think the first game will get some decent attendance.

2000, I'd say.

But I'll probably be way wrong when only 800 people show up.

I'd like to be correct. I'd like to have underestimated the new popularity of FAU basketball.

3k is my vote…it will be a BIG deal…place looks TIGHT allready and its not even done…and it will be very nice when completed…fans will want to come now…

"Fau Gym" = Them's fightin words now!! ;)
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

That is probably because of the Arena construction.

negative…i was told by JP that it would be ready for them to return to practice in on October 14th…

They are all frothing at the mouth to get back in…

Exhibition game would be first week of November…even if they were behind that would be an additional three weeks past promised completion date…….
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

ok…. now realistic, lol

kansas is obviously a loss
rhode island is not beatable
boston college is rebuilding, but still much better than us

we can (and will) beat:
USF

then comes conference play… no guarantees in ANY conference games…

i see anywhere from 2-4 seed in the belt tournament

GO OWLS

respectfully,

Rhode Island:

is on the same level we are…period. They ranked 133 at seasons end last year…we finished 209…not that that means anything at all…at this level of play, you have to look at MATCH-UPS…….

ane we match up very well against them all around…

actually we create a mis match at PF at minimum…we'll see what Nwoji can develop into before we hit the road…if he blossoms early and can quickly grasp the offense, we will have a true PG running the show (only happened once, and at a lower level of athleticism [Crumbley] and league and play)…TBD…

BC:

MAYBE ill give that one to you…

BUT im not going by more than a 5 point spread on that game…if it were here, id call it even…granted, they finished 33rd RPI, but that was due highly to thier league strength & who they played…

Key stat:

37.6 PPG lost of 74.3 PPG Total…

Starting SG
Starting PF

And this = 50.6% of TOTAL OFFENSEIVE PRODUCTION

ALOT of offense to replace…and not enough time to do it before we face them…

The only thing left of significance is thier center…

As Exit stated, they ARE truly rebuilding…….

Back to the top

Someone has my back.

I'm looking forward to see the Monroe/Daniels matchup on URI. he's one of the top guys in A10. I would like to see who shuts who down.

Anyone know if Sammy will be able to return sooner than later? He left George Mason on November 2nd last year. It would be great if we could get him back then.
Back to the top

january 08 is when he is eligible to play

he enrolled at FAU for the spring semester, so that would be the year

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: