Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 BURROW RENOVATION UPDATE

Add topic

Re: 2008 BURROW RENOVATION UPDATE

2008 BURROW RENOVATION UPDATE

Good afternoon everyone-

A quick update on the renovations.  The luxury boxes are still scheduled to be done as well as the public restroom renovations.  Due to budget availability, work/architectual drawings could not be started until after July 1st.  We are finalizing the plans (should be completed by July 24th).  The wooden bleachers in the balcony will be removed beginning approximately August 5 (had to wait until the end of the summer school as classes do use the balcony during the summer).  Hope to start the luxury box construction simultaneously with the restroom renovations.  The luxury boxes are scheduled to be completed by November 1st.  It is a tight timeline but Turner Construction is doing the work and still thinks that November 1 is attainable.  One problem that could slow the project somewhat is having to suspend construction for home volleyball matches and having to work around daily practices (volleyball, men's and women's basketball).  All unavoidable challenges but we are moving forward.

Back to the top

Thanks for the update Melissa. I appreciate your hardwork over the past many years and look forward to continued success with facility upgrades!
-$mitty '07

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Thank you for stopping by Melissa.

Is Athletics going to be adding the winged "FAU" graphics to the outdoor overhangs as well? There was an artist's rendering with that kind of signage.
Back to the top

Hey $mitty we miss you around here but it is great to hear you are continuing to help us build the Owl spirit out in Texas!

Owlcountry-  Our original idea was to have the winged FAU over each canopy attached to the arena.  This sign was going to be backlit in blue.  Due to cost associated with the entire renovation (unforseen costs that arose once the renovation had begun) we had to make some adjustments.  One such adjustment was reducing the number of these signs to one over the main canopy.  The price for all three was unbelievable.  In addition to reducing the number we also changed companies late in the game to see if we could find a more reasonable quote.   We have a better quote and now are just waiting to see how the final cost of the luxury boxes and restroom renovations will end up to see if we can go ahead and move forward with the one sign.  I know it seems like one sign shouldn't be held up but the original cost of the three came up to well over six figures and we just want to make sure we can get what we want for these other two projects prior to moving forward.  I have a meeting with the architect on Tuesday and will let you know how it looks.

Hope that answers your questions.  Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm.
Back to the top

thanks for the updates…..the stadium looks and sounds like it will be amazing…..i cant wait for the 1st home bball game…….

Does anyone have any word on the lux boxes and how they are selling?
Back to the top

Luxury Boxes as of 9-23-2008:

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Cool.  Thanks for the update.  I was wondering if they had started.  Keep us posted on the progress!
Back to the top

Can't see the pic(s)  >:(

…anyone want to e-mail it to me??

[email protected]

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Can't see the pic(s)  >:(

…anyone want to e-mail it to me??

[email protected]

Thanks Exit39…got the pics!

Looks like they are futher along that expected…nice!
Back to the top

Now the key question is have they sold any of them for the season?
Back to the top
Control functions: