Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Pre Season NIT Field Announced...

Add topic

Re: 2008 Pre Season NIT Field Announced...

2008 Pre Season NIT Field Announced...

Interesting lineup assessment.  My gut tells me that one of 2 (or both) scenarios must take place for the Owls to be successful this year.  Scenario 1-Los and Royster play EXTRAORDINARY defense and take no unnecessary gambles, Scenario 2-Lots and Lots of Zone.

We are going to have to be very productive on offense since if our opponents penetrate and challenge our bigs, fouls by them coould be a disaster for us.

Still optimistic. :D
Back to the top

Absolutely! :)

Yeah, Royster was prone last year to picking up some cheap ones…Los stays out of foul trouble for the most part, but he doesnt play alot of D, this is true…

Dont know what type of defense Jarvis prefers, but would agree that it will probably be alot of zone given our size…

The reason i like the line up above is due to the fact that it will put three solid scorers on the floor at once…this will stretch people…who will they defend??

Tucker will blow by you, causing a double, then what?

Graham?  Richardson?  Los?
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

sanibel said

Too bad no USF :)

Sanibel:

I spoke to PG this past weekend at the Scrimmage and he said he thought they were going ot begin individiual work outs this week…can you confirm if thi sis accurate??  Wanted to check out the newbies if so…….

According to my guy, individual workouts will not be until next week at the earliest.

The players are just running pickup games right now.
Back to the top

jaratt02 said

Florida_Owl said

sanibel said

Sanibel:

I spoke to PG this past weekend at the Scrimmage and he said he thought they were going ot begin individiual work outs this week…can you confirm if thi sis accurate??  Wanted to check out the newbies if so…….

According to my guy, individual workouts will not be until next week at the earliest.

Let's qualify "individual workouts"

With or without a coach?
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

jaratt02 said

Florida_Owl said

sanibel said

Sanibel:

Let's qualify "individual workouts"

With or without a coach?
UPDATE: Conditioning started yesterday. I heard it was tough stuff. Individual instruction and practices should start next week with the coaches.
Back to the top

jaratt02 said

UPDATE: Conditioning started yesterday. I heard it was tough stuff. Individual instruction and practices should start next week with the coaches.

;)

Cool deal…that's when i am dropping by :)
Back to the top
Control functions: