Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011 Recruiting

Add topic

Re: 2011 Recruiting

2011 Recruiting

Granted he's been playing against Div II talent..that was a pretty impressive highlight reel,lol. He had some serious blocks and one thing I like is that he didn't seem passive going to the rim like Brett did. He looks like raw talent, I bet with Jarvis's teaching he could turn into a special player…if he's not, he's at least got to be better than Sammy,lol.
Back to the top

He is legit...hopefully we can get him.
Back to the top

I'm pretty sure he's going to be able to transfer no problem..now let's just hope he can get cleared to play THIS year.
Back to the top

I use to get annoyed at Ted for saying wait till the product is on the court before you get pumped up.

Well now i'm in Ted's camp. Just go to wait to see if any of these big men ever turn out as good as advertised.

Royster was good but far, far from great. White, jury is out.

Nick Neuman is still the best big man.
Back to the top

Looks pretty impressive, got quickness and touch and agressiveness - nice combo!
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Just go to wait to see if any of these big men ever turn out as good as advertised.

He is very talented…Whether he gets to play at FAU is the big factor, but he is legit.

Back to the top

Rick said

Exit39 said

Just go to wait to see if any of these big men ever turn out as good as advertised.

He is very talented…Whether he gets to play at FAU is the big factor, but he is legit.

He'll have no problem getting in to FAU. Rick, do you know how many years of eligibility he has left?
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Rick said

Exit39 said

He'll have no problem getting in to FAU. Rick, do you know how many years of eligibility he has left?

One year…….
Back to the top

Well that's a bummer. Hopefully he gets waived to be able to play this year.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I use to get annoyed at Ted for saying wait till the product is on the court before you get pumped up.

Well now i'm in Ted's camp. Just go to wait to see if any of these big men ever turn out as good as advertised.

Royster was good but far, far from great. White, jury is out.

Nick Neuman is still the best big man.

Outsider, non-FAU guy here, so this isn't homerism talking at all.

Royster was great. Very special player, a true impact guy and a game changing court presence. His loss fundamentally changes how FAU can execute on the floor, radically alters what you'll have to do in terms of defensive deployment and pursuing loose balls… His departure is tremendous.

He didn't score 20 points per game, he wasn't a huge stat guy, and I'm not saying you guys should retire his jersey or anything… But no player in the conference had a bigger influence on how his team could play and succeed than Brett Royster did.

Even with the rest of the talent returning, and I do think very highly of your returning roster… It's going to be very hard for FAU to match last season's record and performance without Royster.
Back to the top
Control functions: