Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Midnight Madness - "Live" Coverage & Photos

Add topic

Re: 2012 Midnight Madness - "Live" Coverage & Photos

2012 Midnight Madness - "Live" Coverage & Photos

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Men's team introductions

Men's team introductions

Ken LaVicka

Coach Mike Jarvis said this team will be "special".
Back to the top

Coach Kellie Lewis-Jay addressed the crowd and told the fans her girls would "protect" their home court.

Coach Kellie Lewis-Jay addressed the crowd and told the fans her girls would "protect" their home court.

Women's team introductions

Back to the top

Dance team - hot as ever

Watching the basketball intro video on the big screen
Back to the top

Nice pictures! Thanks BMarkey.

The students trickled in slow because they were letting the crowd in a little bit at a time… I guess to avoid a mad rush for the shirts?

Waited an hour and a half. No scrimmage??? Seriously? And I drove all this way? Really disappointed. But I guess it's my fault for assuming there would be one. Anyway, I'll skip this event from now on.

First game November 5th. Looking forward to that.
Back to the top

Well, there was a scrimmage but it was between intramural teams. I didn't get it either.

Jarvis' speech was worth it. He's planning a trip to the Dance for 2013. The women's coach seem sharp. The teams seemed close.

The cheesesteak sandwiches were quite good. :)
Back to the top

Thanks for all the pics BMarkey!
Back to the top

This is my 3rd straight Midnight Madness, and this was BY FAR the most boring sporting event I've been to here at FAU.
Program Board once again showed that they can't put on an a school spirit/athletics event to save their lives. SGA needs to pick this up.
And this is coming from a guy that was standing up on the first row of the second tier….
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

This is my 3rd straight Midnight Madness, and this was BY FAR the most boring sporting event I've been to here at FAU.
Program Board once again showed that they can't put on an a school spirit/athletics event to save their lives. SGA needs to pick this up.
And this is coming from a guy that was standing up on the first row of the second tier….

+1

Hootin is right, I was standing next to him.

We were so ready to go bonkers and get excited, but it just never happened. We stood the entire time, and it just ended with the players being introduced. Are you kidding? That was horrible.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

HootinHollerin said

+1

Hootin is right, I was standing next to him.

We were so ready to go bonkers and get excited, but it just never happened. We stood the entire time, and it just ended with the players being introduced. Are you kidding? That was horrible.

Yeah! I wasted what was left of my liquor in my room for last night, wtf. Y'all know how hard it is to sneak liquor up to IVA!?  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

+100.

Here's how it might flow better:

1. Give students numbered tickets as they come in for a raffle later.
2. Pre-show while people are trickling in: student dunk/trick shot contest.
3. Start the show by dimming the lights and play a short 5 minute highlight video from last season.
4. Introduce the teams.
5. Coach speeches.
6. 10 raffle ticket winners are announced and taken up to the box seats where there is dessert food waiting. They receive a special shirt and get to watch the rest of the show from the box.
7. Meanwhile, cheerleaders and dance team perform. The teams change into jersey gear.
8. Teams play scripted "scrimmage" for 20 minutes where each team gets to show off a little bit. THIS IS WHAT EVERYBODY CAME FOR.
9. Remind people of the first game, plug ESPN760 and encourage tailgating.
10. Everybody goes home happy.

That's basically how I thought it would go down…
Back to the top
Control functions: