Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015-16 FAU Men's Basketball Discussion Thread

Add topic

Back to the top

Read this forum every day. Didn't even know there was a game tonight. Figured it was starting soon but thought there'd be more discussion about it.

I wonder what attendance was like…

Back to the top

I said a long time ago that Owls Nest was a FAU football blog  and was called lots of names and told that I could start a baseball thread any time I wanted. Then that was followed up with comments like no body cares about baseball. Guess what? Still 90 percent a football blog.  That is fine. A blog is only as good as the in put. If most are football fans, so be it.
Back to the top

It's all proportional. 8000 fans go watch football, 500-1000 go to basketball, 250-500 go to baseball.  If 8000 fans went to women's golf, I would guess there would be a lot more talk on that subject. Naturally, the more people witnessing events, the more those events will have people talking about it.
Back to the top

Here is a point I have to make. I will admit that I'm a bandwagon fan when it comes to college basketball. I'll cheer on my team when they are doing good, and be like ehh the other times. I still support the university but for me I only get truly involved in basketball around madness time. Now baseball I support fully because I played it in little league, i enjoy going to the games, and it's a great family outing to let the little guy play about on the berm. The support is there, but mark is right. The more people that show up the more people talk about it.
Back to the top

fauowl said

It's all proportional. 8000 fans go watch football, 500-1000 go to basketball, 250-500 go to baseball.  If 8000 fans went to women's golf, I would guess there would be a lot more talk on that subject. Naturally, the more people witnessing events, the more those events will have people talking about it.

Posted On: Nov 6th 2015, 6:54 AM #351543

I think a better example would be womens soccer. 9000 fans did show up for that game and that did get noticed. If FAU could get 4-5000 fans to show up for FAU womens soccer on a regular basis, their games would be at the stadium and Ken Lavicka would be calling the games on 106.3 OMG OMG GOOOOLLLL. 
Back to the top

I think the next step the athletic department needs to take is a $2Mil renovation for the baseball team. It's a shame that our best program continues to be that low on the totem pole
Back to the top

For that to happen soon, they will have to find a private donor (perhaps someone like RJ Alvarez).

OR:

Wait for another hurricane to roll through and allocate insurance pay out like they did for the Arena.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

I wonder what attendance was like…
Posted On: Nov 5th 2015, 9:25 PM #351541

Announced was 1218, actual like 700ish.
Back to the top

Just an FYI, thanks to Bob Markey we will have some coverage at most home games this year.

Road games will likely be relegated to this thread, with the exception of FIU and any others that become "important".
Back to the top
Control functions: