Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017-18 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule

Add topic

Rick said

d-owl said

That was a good team (96-97). I remember the FIU game that year had a great atmosphere. We were this close to rushing the court that game but didn't.
Posted On: Jan 5th 2018, 10:20 AM #376122

Here's the link to the game story for the FIU game - it was crazy!

We passed the ball the length of the court with very little time left for a wide open lay-up by Tremayne Hunter…

That was a great game…think I still have it on tape…will try and pull it out and post some footage.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1997-01-31/sports/9701310043_1_throats-craig-buchanan-philip-huyler

Posted On: Jan 5th 2018, 11:10 AM #376124

Wow! Yes, if you could do that – that would be awesome. I distinctly remember where I was sitting – may have been the best basketball atmosphere in my time there. I'm pretty sure I remember us all going nuts after the long pass.
Back to the top

FAU got out to a 12-5 lead seven minutes into the game, before the Blue Raiders (11-4, 3-0) rallied to tie the score at 14 just over three minutes later.

The Owls scored six unanswered points to take a 35-29 lead into the locker room at halftime.

There were three ties and five lead changes in the second half with the final being a 48-48 deadlock with 6:11 remaining in the game.

Middle Tennessee went up by as many as seven before the Owls were able to pull to within two with 13 seconds remaining. Howeever, the Blue Raiders made a pair of free throws and FAU was unable to score any further.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2017-18 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Big win against UTSA tonight. Felt like the season was slipping away with those two close early losses but it looks like we’ve righted the ship 
Back to the top

Sandsy said

Big win against UTSA tonight. Felt like the season was slipping away with those two close early losses but it looks like we’ve righted the ship 
Posted On: Jan 13th 2018, 5:06 PM #376336

Does it though?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Sandsy said

Does it though?
Posted On: Jan 14th 2018, 9:45 AM #376340

It sure shows some improvement, winning two road games over, granted NOT conference powers, but they DO have 16 wins so far between them. Let's hope for a competitive team this year at least!
Back to the top

walty12 said

Sandsy said

Does it though?

Yeah everybody has their own measure for what constitutes a turn-around. I think we just got lucky. Each year we have a win or two that makes us think we've righted the ship but then it falls right back down. We're a house of cards.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

walty12 said

Sandsy said

Does it though?

Yeah everybody has their own measure for what constitutes a turn-around. I think we just got lucky. Each year we have a win or two that makes us think we've righted the ship but then it falls right back down. We're a house of cards.
Posted On: Jan 14th 2018, 10:25 AM #376342

Exactly.  We patched a few holes for a minute.

This baby is taking on water…only a matter of time.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

MBB notches third straight C-USA win with 75-64 victory over UNC Charlotte

The Owls now own a 3-2 edge over the 49ers overall with the win. Old Dominion (14-4, 5-1) will prove to be a test on Saturday with their following trio of games are all winnable contests.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2017-18 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Good win and a nice stretch for the Owls.  Saturday against a good ODU team should provide a true test of just how improved this team is.
Back to the top

Owls have won three straight, quietly putting themselves in the middle of the conference table. Old Dominion will pay a visit to The Burrow for a 2 PM tip. The Monarchs are the best team in CUSA that nobody seems to be talking about.

This game can either go two ways: We get the Owls Basketball team that played UAB and Minnesota, and get chased off the court, or we play the way we did at UTEP and UTSA, and force ODU to earn it with a minute left.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: