Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Curry Fired

Add topic

dore95 said

The only reason that Doherty and Walters were "big names" is because they were well known college players.  
Posted On: Mar 20th 2018, 12:50 PM #377731

Doherty was Head Coach at Notre Dame, and North Carolina…he was AP Coach of the Year.

Rex Walters was a star at the NCAA level (Northwestern, Kansas) and was drafted in the first round before playing for seven years in the NBA. He won the praises of Pat Riley at the time he applied for the job here. That's a pretty substantial endorsement.

BTW, non verbal context gets lost in these replies, and don't want you to think I am arguing with you…just making some alternate points!

I always look at both sides of the coin…and appreciate your vantage :cool:

Back to the top

Rick said

dore95 said

The only reason that Doherty and Walters were "big names" is because they were well known college players.  
Posted On: Mar 20th 2018, 12:50 PM #377731

Doherty was Head Coach at Notre Dame, and North Carolina…he was AP Coach of the Year.

Rex Walters was a star at the NCAA level (Northwestern, Kansas) and was drafted in the first round before playing for seven years in the NBA. He won the praises of Pat Riley at the time he applied for the job here. That's a pretty substantial endorsement.

BTW, non verbal context gets lost in these replies, and don't want you to think I am arguing with you…just making some alternate points!

I always look at both sides of the coin…and appreciate your vantage :cool:

Posted On: Mar 20th 2018, 1:39 PM #377733

You're right about Doherty.  For some reason I thought that he coached at FAU before Notre Dame/UNC.

Another potential option for FAU is David Padgett who was the interim at Louisville this year.  He is a good guy and did a pretty good job under really difficult circumstances.  He will be a head coach next year somewhere.
Back to the top

I am excited a change has finally been made.  Will buy season tickets again and give this HC a chance.

Please bring back some level of excitement to the program.  Please.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Me too. So glad we went with a coach and not an ex player that knows how to play I'm not going to pretend to know much about the subject. But I know that the AD made his choice and moved quickly in the right direction. Can't ask for more at this point.
Back to the top
Control functions: