Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day: FAU vs Monmouth

Add topic

Re: Game Day: FAU vs Monmouth

We finally have a team picture yeah!!  ;D It must have been Jarvis' idea. They haven't done this in the past.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The radio announcer said the crowd was 1404…the largest non-conference crowd since the UM game.

Good way to start the season.  Only disappointment is the whol Monroe situation.
Back to the top

The radio announcers mentioned how much more it felt like a big time arena with the real seats and the "skyboxes" and all the renovations.

Anyone else think that FIU should be a sellout?

And the radio announcers also said how if there was ever a time to beat Arizona its this year…their coach used to be the radio announcer for Arizona STATE…hm.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

The radio announcers mentioned how much more it felt like a big time arena with the real seats and the "skyboxes" and all the renovations.

Anyone else think that FIU should be a sellout?

I definitely think we could get 2000+ people in there. We're going to need the market game as hard as any other we push though. Not so much to inspire people to go but just to remind them… hey, it's on this night at this time.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

We finally have a team picture yeah!!  ;D It must have been Jarvis' idea. They haven't done this in the past.

Love it.
Back to the top

I actually messed up the first quarter and didn't have the sound configured right.  I fixed it as soon as I stopped running around with my head cut off and got some time to make sure things were working.  The sound after that worked pretty well.  We had a Police officer close a propped open back door, which clearly had cables and a doorstop on it, and cut a cable. :(  After that things worked pretty smoothly.  The reason we don't show foul shots on the North basket, is we were told by Mike Jarvis we were not to.  It would intimidate the players because they could look up and see themselves in the jumbotron.  *rolls eyes*  Because the feed goes to the jumbotron as well as the internet, we can't easily fix this.  Hopefully, in the future, we can get some extra equipment so that people at home can still see the video during foul shots.  But, our budget most likely will not allow us to fix this problem.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Maaaaaaaan if you guys can throw a scoreboard on here it'd be perfect!!!! Good work!

One of my biggest goals is to get a scoreboard for the tv stream.  Problem is two things in sports cost a ton of money.  1. Replay systems 2. Live Scoring Systems.  Replay cost about 50k, scoring system cost around 15k.  I'm currently trying to hack together a mickey mouse system without spending much.  In fact, if you know anyone who is an expert flash programmer, send me a private message.
Back to the top

Go Owls!!! FAU (and Jarvis) now 3-0

Sadly we're only 1-0…those other two don't count
Back to the top

They don't count….but they do psychologically.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: