Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jarvis to be on 760am...

Add topic

Re: Jarvis to be on 760am...

Jarvis to be on 760am...

Exit39 said

that would have been helpful twenty minutes ago.

drag the ball halfway through on the second part, if you just want to hear about FAU.

Hey, it took 40 days to get to this point…what's an extra 20 minutes!

By the way, the video of the press conference is up on the official site.  You'll probably enjoy that more than the radio interview.
Back to the top

thanks exit……..i was like ok besides cohen saying FAU it didnt come out of Jarvis's mouth…….

Lol, i wonder if he knows about the group formerly known as the Sexy/Rowdy Rexies……

If he is going to make a place "special" with 4000 people, he needs a few repeats of the last two FIU games from this past year!
Back to the top

I found the first half of the interview interesting even if didn't have anything to do with FAU, it did help establish some history on Jarvis and where he is coming from.

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Exit39 said

"…all the kids he had there were tough kids who would be in a gang if it weren't for a scholarship to play ball…."

Yep…….you are 100% correct.

Exit39 said

NOW can we find out whats going on with Pena, Riley, and Sutton? Because there the ones I'm worried about.

Here is what is "going on":

FAU "expects" them to honor thier committment to the University…i spoke to a staff member today about this very thing…

BUT, it will be up to Coach Jarvis as to whether or not they "let anyone out of thier letter".

Bottom line:

He has the final say on this (IF it happens)

They may not simply go to another school due to a coaching change, as i even thought was the case - and i stand corrected on this.

Coach Jarvis will speak individually with all of the singees and take it from there…as of now, NONE of them has expressed this type of interest…and unless something else should transpire, if it does, and goes through Coach Jarvis, all signess are expected to be in class for the fall, and begin pre-season work outs with the new staff.

Did Riley sign a NLI?  I thought just Pena, Shine, and Sutton had signed and Riley wasn't slated to join the program until the 2009-2010 season.  Is this correct?
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

Did Riley sign a NLI?  I thought just Pena, Shine, and Sutton had signed and Riley wasn't slated to join the program until the 2009-2010 season.  Is this correct?

Correct…he did not sign an LOI…all of the others did…

I tried to dig up some information on him…he participated in a tournament recently, but cant find any figures…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

RhodeIslandOwl said

Correct…he did not sign an LOI…all of the others did…

I tried to dig up some information on him…he participated in a tournament recently, but cant find any figures…

Thanks.

Hopefully Riley signs this year.  He'd be a great addition to the team.  I would have to think that Jarvis is a more appealing Head Coach to play for than Rex.
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

Thanks.

Hopefully Riley signs this year.  He'd be a great addition to the team.  I would have to think that Jarvis is a more appealing Head Coach to play for than Rex.

Totally agree!
Back to the top

Come on guys, if you think MJ is always going to be sweetness and light, I want some of your stash.  Have any of you seen Jarvis on the sidelines?  This guy is a nationally recognized winner.  Winners are demanding and as they develop their reputation it gets easier to compel excellence from players.

There is a story that years ago a young Bobby Knight at Army visited the legend Joe Lapchick, asking for advise on the secret of good coaching.  The story goes that the answer was in a question, "is it important to you that the players like you or respect you?" asked Lapchick.  Knight answered "respect".  Lapchick told him to go home, he would do just fine.

I suspect that Jarvis would agree with Lapchick.

Back to the top

NewOwlOldBBFan said

Come on guys, if you think MJ is always going to be sweetness and light, I want some of your stash.  Have any of you seen Jarvis on the sidelines?  This guy is a nationally recognized winner.  Winners are demanding and as they develop their reputation it gets easier to compel excellence from players. 

Absolutely…

i am referring to character…

NOT standards ;)
Back to the top

and RW's character became an issue before or after he left for USF?  and Jarvis' character became an issue before or after he became HC at FAU?

I think we paint both individuals far too quickly with little research into the matter of their "character".  As to standards, the BB program was the only major program without APR sanctions this year.  Good standards.  I expect no less from the Jarvis regime. ;D ;D ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: