Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Just how much is $250K really worth?

Add topic

Re: Just how much is $250K really worth?

Just how much is $250K really worth?

Jab979 said

The problem I have is that we get these coaches who say they're going to stay here for a while and do what it takes then after 2 years they leave. Now I understand thus is the nature of the business but don't preach about how you're going to stay here and do what it takes to win, in fact don't say anything at all. If Doherty and Rex didn't say anything about wanting to stay here and loving it here and not wanting to leave then I'd have no problems if he left for something better.

I agree with what you are saying, but would he have been hired in the first place if he didn't talk about commitment and having a long-term vision for FAU?

Probably not.

He did what it took to get the job and now he might be having second thoughts. It is unfortunate, but maybe we shouldn't put so much stock in the rhetoric that coaches are throwing around. Unfortunately we are no longr in the days of holding people to their word and to a higher standard.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Jab979 said

don't preach about how you're going to stay here and do what it takes to win, in fact don't say anything at all. If Doherty and Rex didn't say anything about wanting to stay here and loving it here and not wanting to leave then I'd have no problems if he left for something better.

Jab, i love you man ;D
Back to the top

I know they are all going to blow smoke your a– just like running for president the candidates are all going to say what it takes to get the job, even though they never fulfill their promises, but there are plenty of other things that could be said rather then I'm not leaving or I'll stay here as long as it takes. "I look forward to joining FAU and bringing this team back to the NCAA tournament" or "I look forward to having great success with this team while we strive towards making the NCAA tournament and winning the sun belt"

See I said nothing about staying here long term or using this school as a stepping stone for more money

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I know they are all going to blow smoke your a– just like running for president the candidates are all going to say what it takes to get the job,

My point is that if you know they are blowing smoke, don't be surprised when you get burned by the fire that is sure to follow.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: