Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tale of the tape...

Add topic

Re: Tale of the tape...

Owl9 love the banner! mind if i steal it………

as for the way that rex left it…..man thats disapointing, but such is life…..glad to see that he is willing to help out the players still.

Back to the top

he's so full of it! "I will always be there for each and every one of you" yeah yeah yeah whatever you say there big guy. Blow it out your @$$ Rex!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

This was a classless way to leave the team.  I don't know what was so important that he had to run back to San Francisco without addressing the team, and I can't imagine another school would deny him a chance to talk to his team, so I'm left to believe that he just couldn't face them after telling them less than three weeks ago that he was staying.  His boss hears about it from an assistant and leaves it to them to do the dirty work.  Nuf sed.

In a way, this makes it easier.  Every now and then, somebody shows you who he (or she) really is, and you realize maybe you're better off.  I don't fault him for taking the job.  Hell, somebody wants to pay me twice what I'm making, yeah I'll walk.  But there are better ways to handle yourself.  This Baltimore Colts-style departure was amateur hour.

Ah, screw it.  We have no use for him.
Back to the top

The said

This was a classless way to leave the team.  I don't know what was so important that he had to run back to San Francisco without addressing the team, and I can't imagine another school would deny him a chance to talk to his team, so I'm left to believe that he just couldn't face them after telling them less than three weeks ago that he was staying.  His boss hears about it from an assistant and leaves it to them to do the dirty work.  Nuf sed.

In a way, this makes it easier.  Every now and then, somebody shows you who he (or she) really is, and you realize maybe you're better off.  I don't fault him for taking the job.  Hell, somebody wants to pay me twice what I'm making, yeah I'll walk.  But there are better ways to handle yourself.  This Baltimore Colts-style departure was amateur hour.

Ah, screw it.  We have no use for him.

I hadn't thought about it that way but that makes sense. Sure is easier to break the news when you don't have to look someone in the eyes. How available will he be when he returns home? These things have a way of showing back up in your life years later.  And yes, I can't imagine a university that wouldn't give someone the time to break the news the proper way. Not by cell phone 3000 miles away.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Jab979 said

he's so full of it! "I will always be there for each and every one of you" yeah yeah yeah whatever you say there big guy. Blow it out your @$$ Rex!

If you believe that RW is telling the truth about his relationship with Roy Williams (and apparently most don't), I suspect he would never intentionally do anything that would discredit himself in Coach Williams eyes.  That doesn't mean that some of his actions didn't hurt people–they did, but unless and until a detailed timeline is developed so that windows of time and opportunity can be identified, let's just stop peering into the looking glass darkly.

According to Hutton Angelos knew it was serious Thursday, was informed that if RW was "their guy", the offer would come over the weekend.  We don't know when the offer came in, but the article said that Angelos was told that a contract had been provided by 9:30PM Sunday and that RW was poring over it to insure the i's were dotted, etc.  I don't think RW knew that Angelos stopped checking messages (particularly since he was alerted that if anything was to happen, it would be over the weekend).

Is it unrealistic to believe that checking the contract could take an hour or so?  I think not, so calling the staff at 11:15 indicates that the deal was done and he wanted to alert his staff first.
We don't know when he was tasked to appear at USF, but I'll bet pretty good money he scrambled to get an early flight to insure he arrived in time for the event.  I saw a clip of some of the presentation and his whole family was there-wife and 4 kids–so Monday morning he was probably in the air—what options other than cell conference were available to him?

Clearly from the Owl viewpoint, he made the wrong decision not to stay, but to verbally assault him with charges of cowardice, deceit and lying should be supported by a better argument than what I have heard so far…let's vent  without indicting without evidence–there is a good chance that the near future could retrospectively blemish participating individuals and the institution.
Burn shirts, petition for Balado, stop by the Burrow and engage with the players and coaches to let them know their decision to stay is deeply appreciated

We can get by this without diminishing ourselves unnecessarily.

Back to the top
Control functions: