Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What should the Arena be called if you dont like "The Burrow"?

Add topic

Some have expressed a "wish" that The Burrow was named something else (and perhaps to reserve that title for the new Stadium).

If you are one of those folks, now is your time to chime in with some creative thoughts…

I'll add a poll when we get enough "suggestions"…
Back to the top

Re: What should the Arena be called if you dont like "The Burrow"?

The Owl's Nest  :P

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I find it funny but why do people on this board feel the need to change the name of everything?  The Burrow, DT, Band, shoot there are even threads on here where people are putting names of businesses on the football stadium before anyone has expressed public intrust. I'm surprised I haven't seen any talk on here about geting someone to by the naming rights to the baseball stadium. That could bring in a cool 7 mil and you could start putting a new diamond in. But on a more serious note, my vote for the arena: The Burrow.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

I find it funny but why do people on this board feel the need to change the name of everything?  The Burrow, DT, Band, shoot there are even threads on here where people are putting names of businesses on the football stadium before anyone has expressed public intrust. I'm surprised I haven't seen any talk on here about geting someone to by the naming rights to the baseball stadium. That could bring in a cool 7 mil and you could start putting a new diamond in. But on a more serious note, my vote for the arena: The Burrow.

Agreed.  I don't know why this is even an issue.  What is wrong with calling the Arena "The Burrow"?  As for the football stadium,I will gladly call it by the name whatever fine company steps up and pays for the naming rights….Well, that or Schnellenberger Field. 
Back to the top

Personally I dont mind "The Burrow" quick and easy to remember and fits in with the owls.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

The Burrow is an awesome name.

Not sure why anyone would want to change that.  I think a few people were complaining they added the word "Arena" to The Burrow, and calling it The Burrow Arena instead of just The Burrow.  I think that is just to let people know that The Arena IS The Burrow.

We have bigger fish to fry, again.

The new stadium will be called something that whoever donates the $20M wants it to be called and we will all be very happy to call it THAT.
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

I find it funny but why do people on this board feel the need to change the name of everything?

It keeps them from arguing about who started the prowlers and who let the owls out.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

FAUtuba said

I find it funny but why do people on this board feel the need to change the name of everything?

It keeps them from arguing about who started the prowlers and who let the owls out.

hey! Let's not forget the band. LOL

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

CanadianOwl said

FAUtuba said

hey! Let's not forget the band. LOL

i am one who believes the fight song SHOULD be named…

i also liked Pride of the Atlantic for the band (but Marching Owls has grown on me, plus it seems the band director is very much happy with Marching Owls… so that's not changing)

as for the burrow… the name is not changing… no need to and no desire from the university or the athletics department… trust me on that

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

What should the Arena be called if you dont like "The Burrow"?

i think the burrow is great for our arena..seeing how they just spent all that money renevating it...the only thing i dont like is where the band sits...nothing against the dance team, but i dont like sitting behind them or the basket....put us back on the side..please
Back to the top
Control functions: