Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009-2010 Roster

Add topic

Re: 2009-2010 Pending Roster

2009-2010 Roster

We should be pretty strong next year but man we are going to miss Graham. Hope someone can step up and pick up his production.
Back to the top

Watson grew a little bit…6-8 might be a stretch but 6-7 certainly is not…

i think you will like what you see in Ray Tayor, and Greg Gannt on offense…

not to mention we will get alot more scrap, and hustle as a team overall…chase downs, lose balls, etc…things we couldn't seem to do this year…especially in the second half at the end of games, when it counted…see last Wednesday's crucial offensive rebounnd by UNT for example…that one play in all likelihood cost us the contest…
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

zero seniors and only 2 juniors if Perkins doesn't return.  That big man better be a good one, or Jarvis might be better served saving that ship.

How's 6-9 250? ;D

Back to the top

Re: 2009-2010 Roster

Florida_Owl said

"The NCAA allows each Division1 men's basketball program 13 scholarships"

So, if we do the math here, and MJ and company have said they may sign another big man, who do we then lose?

If all the new recruits show up and we have 1 too many, I say the odd man out is X.  Not from a talent perspective, but he did not keep his end of the bargain with the scholarship.  I can't see taking away a scholly from someone that is doing everything that is asked of them.  If someone like Gagel doesn't have the talent we thought, then shame on us for recruiting him.  Can't take that away from him if he is working hard and others are not getting the grades.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Florida_Owl said

"The NCAA allows each Division1 men's basketball program 13 scholarships"

So, if we do the math here, and MJ and company have said they may sign another big man, who do we then lose?

If all the new recruits show up and we have 1 too many, I say the odd man out is X.  Not from a talent perspective, but he did not keep his end of the bargain with the scholarship.  I can't see taking away a scholly from someone that is doing everything that is asked of them.  If someone like Gagel doesn't have the talent we thought, then shame on us for recruiting him.  Can't take that away from him if he is working hard and others are not getting the grades.

Word on the street is that you are correct…

On a side note:

Darren Stewart is expected to sign with FAU on Wednesday as well. That will bring the class officially to six.

Back to the top

This is the size I've been waiting for.  Now with Simpson, Davis, Watson, and McCoy, hopefully the days of the Owls getting creamed on the boards are over!
Back to the top

Correction on his weight…in speaking with Coach Blevins, he is now at 260Lbs…even better!

Got some beef! ;D
Back to the top

Good news.  Glad to have more height and skill down low.
I'm now also counting 14 players.  So I'm guessing this means that Perkins won't be back?
Back to the top

Isn't today signing day for hoops?  Any word if all ours guys have signed?
Back to the top

Simpson has sent in his LOI…he's all but an Owl now!

Stewart will come at the beginning of next week as he is on Spring Break - in JAMAICA :o

Go Darren! ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: