Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009-2010 Schedule Discussion Thread

Add topic

Re: 2009-2010 Schedule

2009-2010 Schedule Discussion Thread

owlbball said

No Florida this yr, no UCF. American, Manhattan, and Hofstra so far.

That would be a shame if we don't play the gators in Sunrise.  MJ told me personally that the game was on for Dec 19 for the Orange Bowl Classic in Sunrise.  I wonder what happened if it is off?
Back to the top

The gators had to back out, we are still playing in the classic but its against Miami. The gators will be the following yr along with Duke. Hofstra is home this year and there next year it looks like. Also Albany might be added too. Don't forget USF as well.
Back to the top

owlbball said

The gators had to back out, we are still playing in the classic but its against Miami. The gators will be the following yr along with Duke. Hofstra is home this year and there next year it looks like. Also Albany might be added too. Don't forget USF as well.

What happened with UCF?
Back to the top

I might be wrong but I don't think that was ever going to happen.
Back to the top

If we play AT Hofstra, I smell a dirty bird road trip! lol

I grew up about 20 minutes away and would gladly go back home to catch that game! I like to see Hofstra do well, ya know local team (when I lived up North) especially way back when, when they had speedy claxton and were still known as the Flying Dutchmen

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Manhattan would be cool to, Hofstra is what we should be modeling our school after. they have a perfect gym for someone our size, its beautiful and most highschools use it for their graduations (income), their football stadium is great, one side is bigger then the other, one endzone has stands and the other has a oxley type of building. its primarily a commuter school but there's thousands living on campus and always something going on. its the exact same school as FAU, just 1200 miles north.
Back to the top

FAU should copy Hofstra in every aspect. Looks like Maryland could be on the horizon
Back to the top

Spoke with Deuce today…more to come on that, but here is the current Non Conference line-up thus far:

FGCU - Pre-season Scrimmage

Lynn - H, EXH

Albany - H, 2010 A

Manhattan - A, 2010 H

American - A, 2010 H

Maryland A

USF - A, 2010 H

SE Louisiana A

Miami - Orange Bowl Classic, 2010 UF

They are still working on trying to add UCF to the schedule…

In contrast to last year, this year's schedule will be just below a 50-50 split of home and away games…

2010 will have a surplus of Home games…
Back to the top

So we are getting conflicting info on the UF game?  I was told Dec 19, and then owlbball said it was off, and now it appears on.

Whats up owlbball?

Who has the real info?

UPDATE:  Sorry, I see we are playing Miami instead of UF.
Back to the top

Schedule is looking pretty good so far…potentially three top 25 teams…Maryland, UF, and WKU…

Was very happy to hear that we got the home and home with USF, even though we once again have to play them away from Boca…now if they can "convince" UCF to do the same we are looking nice…

Jarvis had said that solid in state competition was a goal they were Hoping to accomplish over time…

Back to the top
Control functions: