Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010-2011 Men's Basketball Schedule...

Add topic

Re: 2010- 2011 Men's Basketball Schedule...

Jab979 said

Chances are it'll be blacked out on espn3 but I'm sure ChannelSurfing will have this one, especially with it being on espn3

Why?? it's not in our market…….

ULM's market maybe…
Back to the top

Rick said

Jab979 said

Chances are it'll be blacked out on espn3 but I'm sure ChannelSurfing will have this one, especially with it being on espn3

ULM's market maybe…

According to the Blackout map on espn3, it is blacked out on ESPN3 in Florida.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

Jab979 said

ULM's market maybe…

::)

Gotta love CSS then!
Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

Rick said

Jab979 said

ULM's market maybe…

What does the blackout exactly mean and why does that happen?  That would be a bummer if it stopped playing in the middle of the game.  Can't an FAU fan just watch a basketball game without paying ridiculous pay-per-view prices on the away team's athletic websites?

Also, I thought Owl TV or somehow the FAU games would be able to be viewed online in the burrow.  Doesn't CBS own the rights?

Gotta love CSS then!
Back to the top

bwacks said

Rick said

fauowl said

Rick said

Jab979 said

ULM's market maybe…

What does the blackout exactly mean and why does that happen?  That would be a bummer if it stopped playing in the middle of the game.  Can't an FAU fan just watch a basketball game without paying ridiculous pay-per-view prices on the away team's athletic websites?

Also, I thought Owl TV or somehow the FAU games would be able to be viewed online in the burrow.  Doesn't CBS own the rights?

Gotta love CSS then!
The blackout means that it's not available on the ESPN3 on the 2 markets the game is being played in, which would be Louisiana and S. Florida.

If you have comcast you can watch it on CSS. If not you can try finding it on Channelsurfing.net. Most school that aren't in the big conferences don't have their games televised. You have to usually pay on a teams website to watch a stream of the game or listen the old fashioned way on the radio

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Schedule...

It's officially time to start talking about a TWENTY win season!

12 games left…

An 8-4 finish would hit that mark.

More than doable, IMO.
Back to the top

Maybe not if they play zone against us. Gotta shoot better than 20% behind the line at home! or maybe don't try 20 three's and work it inside better. But YA GOTTA TAKE A WIN! Go Owl's!
Back to the top

20 wins…….

Any takers??

I will resurrect a conversation prior to the season with Coach when it happens, as he balked at the notion asking "where do you see 20 wins". All in good fun, and sure he will be glad to have the follow-up chat ;)
Back to the top

Well it could happen, much better performance tonight and on the road. Showed some depth development with the foul issues on Royster and White. Maybe we do have more than two big men now!
Back to the top

I'm really concerned about that next season, Royster is gone, Davis is off to law school (can I sue him for leaving early  :)) so Kore and Jordan McCoy are our only big-ish guys…now, we keep this winning up, we'll be able to pull a coup and steal an impact player, Jarvis has it in him!
Back to the top
Control functions: