Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010-2011 Men's Basketball Schedule...

Add topic

Re: 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Schedule...

TeamBeer said

I'm really concerned about that next season, Royster is gone, Davis is off to law school (can I sue him for leaving early  :)) so Kore and Jordan McCoy are our only big-ish guys…now, we keep this winning up, we'll be able to pull a coup and steal an impact player, Jarvis has it in him!

I too am concerned about that. I'm even alittle concerned about it this year if we play a team with a really good big man. Can you imagine how good this team would be with a Carlos Monroe type of player?
Back to the top

let me get this straight, if owls are the season champions, it really doesn't mean anything unless we win the SBC tournament correct? Because it is the winner of the Tourney that goes on to the 64 teams to represent the belt?

Unless… we have a really good finish to our season, but lose in the tournament, there is still a chance for an at large bid, or not likely?
Back to the top

NCowl said

let me get this straight, if owls are the season champions, it really doesn't mean anything unless we win the SBC tournament correct? Because it is the winner of the Tourney that goes on to the 64 teams to represent the belt?

Unless… we have a really good finish to our season, but lose in the tournament, there is still a chance for an at large bid, or not likely?

My understanding from reading other 'Belt sites is that should FAU win the regular season but lose the tournament we would get a Automatic NIT invite.

The confrence season regular champion always get this.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

NCowl said

there is still a chance for an at large bid, or not likely?

IMO, not likely, unles we win 22+ games…and even then, it will take some "favor"…

The league is just not strong enough this year…
Back to the top

Rick said

NCowl said

IMO, not likely, unles we win 22+ games…and even then, it will take some "favor"…

What do you think about an invite for the NIT?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Rick said

NCowl said

What do you think about an invite for the NIT?

Could see that, yep…….
Back to the top

Winning the regular season title guarantees an NIT berth.
Back to the top

Thinking a 3-2 finish is more than doable…

Denver is going to be TOUGH…and so is our trip down South now; especially after tonight.

21 W's sure would be a great way to end the regular season though.

NOT discounting this team though…they are capable of five by all means.

So let's shoot for 23!

:D

Back to the top

What made FIU so tough was they just didn't miss from the outside. 8-11 from 3 at the end of the 1st half.

If just half of those rim out or don't go in, its a much different outcome in our favor.

If FIU can shoot like that they'll be tough to beat for sure, just don't see them shooting like that again

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Great season…Owls finish at 21-11, and post their best mark since joining the DI ranks!

Thoughts heading into next season:

There are probably four spots open. Still no official word on Stewart and Simpson; although it would appear they will not be back next year. Davis' and Royster's are certain.

Accordingly, need to fill the big man spot with a quality payer or two. Getting killed in size at times, and that needs to change to get to the next level.

Could see a JUCO player being thrown into the mix as Jarvis mentioned he would do so if the chemistry factor was where it needed to be.

What better time than now?

Regardless a player 6-9, 250+ would be a very nice compliment to the front court. The signing period is coming up on April 13, so we should expect some news regarding some new Owls then or shortly thereafter.

Would also expect the freshman to mature more in the off-season, and make more of a contribution next year.

On a returnee's note, Gantt needs to get more consistent; especially from long range - that is what he was brought in to do and it has not been there in reliable fashion this year.

Regardless, hat's off to the FAU Men's Basketball coaching staff for the work that's been done in just a short amount of time, and to the players who made us proud on many occasions.

Back to the top
Control functions: