Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: FAU vs Kansas 11-28-07

Add topic

Re: Game Thread: FAU vs Kansas

38-19 KU at half according to game tracker

Here are some half time stats…

Turnovers: FAU - 9
                KU - 4

Field Goals: FAU - 6-23 (26.1%)
                  KU - 16-30 (53.3%)

3 PT Field Goals: FAU - 2-7 (28.6%)
                        KU - 4-11 (36.4%)

Rebound (OFF/DEF): FAU - 15 (5/10)
                              KU - 18 (5/13)

Jeff Parmer our leading scorer with 5

Mario Chalmer their leading scorer with 11

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

15:28 left to go in the 2nd half KU up 49-25

Back to the top

Yea not much of a game.  But can't expect much when they're down to 8 scholly players and monroe not playing so incredibly.

However, sounds from the radio like Walters has been treated with great respect up there.
Back to the top

Getting ugly now…

KU up 67 - 34 just under 9 minutes left in the game

Back to the top

apetbrown said

Yea not much of a game.  But can't expect much when they're down to 8 scholly players and monroe not playing so incredibly.

However, sounds from the radio like Walters has been treated with great respect up there.

Well I'm glad they treated Rex with respect, they know we pose no threat to them. Seems like they are classy people up there in Lawrence

Back to the top

Anybody listen to the post game interview with Rex.  He sounded fairly pleased with the performance. as did Evan Cohen.  They compared it to last year against UNC and said the difference between last year and this year is night and day. You may not be able to see it in the score, but that FAU belonged on the court with Kansas this year .  Cohen even said "no offense but last year it was uncomfortable to watch and this year not at all".  Rex responded by saying yeah last year I was embarassed and tonight I had to tell them I was proud of how they played for 37 minutes, I was disappointed in the last 3.

They sounded excited so that has me pumped. 
Back to the top

I just saw highlights of the game on Sportscenter. We may not have won the game but at least we made it on SportsCenter. It's like free advertising

Back to the top

Xavier Perkins' first half block on Brandon Rush made the SportsCenter Top 10 tonight… it was the NUMBER 2 play of the night

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

To Aptebrown comment.

With all due respect rex has to say those things at this point. the team is 1-5 and probably about to fall apart.
Back to the top

jdirico said

To Aptebrown comment.

With all due respect rex has to say those things at this point. the team is 1-5 and probably about to fall apart.

i watched the game…NO COMPARISON to last years NC debacle - which no one mentioned at Season's end when we hosted the first round of the SBC playoffs…

we made some GREAT plays at times…the Perkins block was absolutely sick…you should have seen the look on the KU player…they replayed it a couple times…

the problem is our loss of Graham, and the need for someone to step into the roll of the third option on offense…we played, with what we have to work with, IMO a great game defensively - our best this year…

Im calling you out JD:

it easy to see that we are having some growing pains right now…but, with all due respect, why sink to the duldrums of a statement like "the team is 1-5 and probably about to fall apart"?  ???

As soon as league play gets here, it going to be another ball game entirely…it should end up being very similiar to last year after things get going…we will all forget this loss and the others, and look forward to the SBC Tournament…

Side Note:

Graham will return…no further comment…

Back to the top
Control functions: